The 10 Best slippers
Don’t turn the heating up – pop on a pair of slippers and keep your feet warmer than toast this winter
Tuesday 27 November 2012
You'll feel as though you're walking on a cloud in these suede slippers. They are machine-washable and come in three colours.
Soft and cosy on the inside and wintry-themed on the outside, these slippers are just what you need as the nights draw in.
With a leather upper and sheepskin lining, these classics are great for men who like to slip in and out of their slippers.
These streamlined slip-ons for men are stuffed with down insulation to keep toes warm in even the iciest of temperatures.
Made to look like yeti feet, these extremely comfy children's slippers from Next are are fun as well as snuggly.
The Harpley, which is available in beige, brown or navy, has a slip-resistant sole and it's made using 100 per cent pure sheepskin.
These woollen ballerina slippers for women are both very pretty, with a pleasant hearts-and-stripes pattern, and snug as you like.
To celebrate the 30th anniversary of the children's book Dear Zoo, TU at Sainsbury's has brought out these slippers.
No need for your ankles to suffer the cold with these fabulous striped booties, complete with fur pompons and fake-fur lining.
These classic cable-knit mules with faux-fur innards are comfortable and they keep their shape, so your feet stay toasty for longer.
In defence of liberal democracy
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
General election live: SNP suspends two members for disrupting Labour rally
Schools forced to act as 'miniature welfare states' with teachers buying underwear and even haircuts for poor pupils
Andy McSmith's Sketch: Feisty audience is the real star of an enlightening show
- 1 If I were Prime Minister: I'd give tax cuts to the rich, keep Trident, and get my football team wrong
- 2 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to join show
- 3 General Election 2015: 14-year-old boy asks Nick Clegg – 'can you kill Katie Hopkins?'
- 4 University student in court for allegedly covering housemates' food in window cleaner and spit
- 5 Garland shooting: Isis claims attack on Prophet Mohamed cartoon contest in Texas as its first action on US soil