Tour de France 2014: 10 best cycling clothes
Saddle up and get in gear for summer rides with our choice of biking apparel
With the Tour de France coming to England, there is no better time to get back in the saddle.
But whether you want to be Wiggins, are pretending to be Pendleton, or simply out for an afternoon pootle on your bike, you need the right gear to keep you cool, comfortable and, most importantly, safe. So whether you’re after a simple top to wick away sweat, new waterproof gear to keep you dry in an unexpected downpour, or are embarking on a new exercise regime after you’ve let things go, we have something for everyone.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
There is so much gear to choose from, it’s difficult to know where to start but with the price range available, only the more experienced cyclist will notice the difference in performance. For those on a tight budget you can do worse than choosing the Tenn Active range from Halfords, which offer excellent value for money. If you have more cash to splash, Altura do a superb range of jackets and accessories, Sealskinz’s range of gloves keep you warm and waterproof, even in the most extreme conditions, and the Bergans tops have that valuable asset of keeping you cool on a hot day, and warm in the cold.
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Christmas comes early to Hong Kong, as millions of bank notes spill out onto busy street
- 3 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 4 Northern Lights above Britain: Stunning Aurora Borealis illuminates Northumberland sky on Christmas Eve
- 5 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh