Tour de France 2014: 10 best cycling clothes
Saddle up and get in gear for summer rides with our choice of biking apparel
With the Tour de France coming to England, there is no better time to get back in the saddle.
But whether you want to be Wiggins, are pretending to be Pendleton, or simply out for an afternoon pootle on your bike, you need the right gear to keep you cool, comfortable and, most importantly, safe. So whether you’re after a simple top to wick away sweat, new waterproof gear to keep you dry in an unexpected downpour, or are embarking on a new exercise regime after you’ve let things go, we have something for everyone.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
There is so much gear to choose from, it’s difficult to know where to start but with the price range available, only the more experienced cyclist will notice the difference in performance. For those on a tight budget you can do worse than choosing the Tenn Active range from Halfords, which offer excellent value for money. If you have more cash to splash, Altura do a superb range of jackets and accessories, Sealskinz’s range of gloves keep you warm and waterproof, even in the most extreme conditions, and the Bergans tops have that valuable asset of keeping you cool on a hot day, and warm in the cold.
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 250,000 back our campaign
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
- 1 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 2 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 3 Bob Geldof offers to take four refugee families into his home 'immediately' as he condemns humanitarian crisis as a ‘f**king disgrace'
- 4 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
- 5 Bryan Cranston speaks candidly about wealth