Tour de France 2014: 10 best cycling clothes
Saddle up and get in gear for summer rides with our choice of biking apparel
With the Tour de France coming to England, there is no better time to get back in the saddle.
But whether you want to be Wiggins, are pretending to be Pendleton, or simply out for an afternoon pootle on your bike, you need the right gear to keep you cool, comfortable and, most importantly, safe. So whether you’re after a simple top to wick away sweat, new waterproof gear to keep you dry in an unexpected downpour, or are embarking on a new exercise regime after you’ve let things go, we have something for everyone.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
There is so much gear to choose from, it’s difficult to know where to start but with the price range available, only the more experienced cyclist will notice the difference in performance. For those on a tight budget you can do worse than choosing the Tenn Active range from Halfords, which offer excellent value for money. If you have more cash to splash, Altura do a superb range of jackets and accessories, Sealskinz’s range of gloves keep you warm and waterproof, even in the most extreme conditions, and the Bergans tops have that valuable asset of keeping you cool on a hot day, and warm in the cold.
Obama: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Ukip mocked after mistaking Westminster Cathedral – for a mosque
David Cameron sets out immigration reforms: We should distrust Ukip and their 'snake-oil of simple solutions'
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship