10 best picnic blankets
As the sun comes out (hurrah) it’s time to wander down to the nearest park or beach, just make sure you’ve packed something to sit on
There’s nothing so British as a picnic, or as stubborn as the British weather. Although the sun may only be fleeting, and the temperature definitely not approach anything continentals might label hot, you can count on the masses to turn out to parks, fields and beaches across the country.
From the decadent tartan offering from Barbour to Wilko’s incredibly priced polkadot rug, there’s something for everyone.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
We love Hen&Hammock’s British sourced, eco-friendly tartan picnic offering. The slightly unusual colours make for a great blanket - and are very reasonably priced. The rabbit picnic blanket from John Lewis makes for a great all-rounder - it’s kitsch design means adults can appreciate but it’s fun enough for a kids blanket too.
Is Britain really full up? Are migrants taking our jobs? Leading academic answers the most common anti-immigration claims
Calais Migrant Crisis: Deputy Mayor of Calais labels Cameron's use of 'swarm' as 'racist' and 'ignorant'
Chris Leslie: Jeremy Corbyn's anti-austerity agenda will harm the poor, says Labour shadow Chancellor
Jeremy Corbyn: Tony Blair could face war crimes trial over 'illegal Iraq invasion'
Landlords renting properties to illegal immigrants to face up to five years in prison
While we fixate on Calais, the Home Office is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
- 1 Malaysia issues arrest warrant for Gordon Brown’s sister-in-law after she publishes stories on leader Najib Razak's financial affairs
- 2 Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
- 3 Natalia Molchanova: World's most successful free-diver missing and feared dead after disappearing in Mediterranean
- 4 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims