14 best Christmas presents for children
From art sets and dominoes to bikes and cuddly toys, here is a great selection of Christmas present ideas for the kids
Wednesday 27 November 2013
Three compartments full of kit for budding Van Goghs.
Hours of constructive fun, seconds of demolition.
Bursting with features, this big-screen handheld console even takes 3D pictures.
A ride-on seat and interchangeable handle will see kids from initial toddles to school.
Play some tunes, pull some tails then use the app to raise a city of Furblings.
For budding hairdressers to practise their braiding.
£8.99 each, toysrus.co.uk
Close the Velcro strap and it’s a soft toy; open it, the Monsters Inc star makes an ideal naptime companion.
Let Optimus Prime and Megatron do battle.
Keep your little ones entertained from car journeys to bedtime.
Why do kids’ bikes always seem to weigh a ton? With its aluminium frame, this beauty doesn’t.
11. Sky-Watcher Infinity 76-P children's telescope
Give them the Moon.
12. Skylanders Swap Force starter set
Mix and match characters' powers.
13. Hape Giant Space Centre & Rocket
Fuel your child’s imagination with a solid wood discovery spaceship, complete with astronaut, land rover, moon rocks and more. Blast off!
14. Tagamoto City Road Set
These intelligent miniature robotic cars react with sounds, movement and lights to codes placed on the road.
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'