14 best Christmas presents for children
From art sets and dominoes to bikes and cuddly toys, here is a great selection of Christmas present ideas for the kids
Wednesday 27 November 2013
Three compartments full of kit for budding Van Goghs.
Hours of constructive fun, seconds of demolition.
Bursting with features, this big-screen handheld console even takes 3D pictures.
A ride-on seat and interchangeable handle will see kids from initial toddles to school.
Play some tunes, pull some tails then use the app to raise a city of Furblings.
For budding hairdressers to practise their braiding.
£8.99 each, toysrus.co.uk
Close the Velcro strap and it’s a soft toy; open it, the Monsters Inc star makes an ideal naptime companion.
Let Optimus Prime and Megatron do battle.
Keep your little ones entertained from car journeys to bedtime.
Why do kids’ bikes always seem to weigh a ton? With its aluminium frame, this beauty doesn’t.
11. Sky-Watcher Infinity 76-P children's telescope
Give them the Moon.
12. Skylanders Swap Force starter set
Mix and match characters' powers.
13. Hape Giant Space Centre & Rocket
Fuel your child’s imagination with a solid wood discovery spaceship, complete with astronaut, land rover, moon rocks and more. Blast off!
14. Tagamoto City Road Set
These intelligent miniature robotic cars react with sounds, movement and lights to codes placed on the road.
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
Ukip and Nigel Farage on course for remarkable victory in European elections
No EU referendum under Labour: Ed Miliband to reveal that vote on membership is ‘unlikely’ in next Parliament if party wins power
Tony Benn was entirely ineffectual - and usually wrong
The rise of Ukip: Study warns Labour that Eurosceptic party's electoral base now 'more working class than any of the main parties'
Europeans have ‘got whiter’ due to natural selection in past 5,000 years, scientists say
- 1 Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
- 2 Gender-specific books demean all our children. So the Independent on Sunday will no longer review anything marketed to exclude either sex
- 3 Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 Q&A by Simon Calder: How far could it have travelled? Who was responsible and what would their plans be? And how can a plane just vanish?
- 4 California man Christopher Viatafa surrenders to police after googling own name and discovering himself listed as ‘most wanted’
- 5 'Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 plane found in Bermuda Triangle!' Viral Facebook links are profiting hackers