14 best Christmas presents for children
From art sets and dominoes to bikes and cuddly toys, here is a great selection of Christmas present ideas for the kids
Wednesday 27 November 2013
Three compartments full of kit for budding Van Goghs.
Hours of constructive fun, seconds of demolition.
Bursting with features, this big-screen handheld console even takes 3D pictures.
A ride-on seat and interchangeable handle will see kids from initial toddles to school.
Play some tunes, pull some tails then use the app to raise a city of Furblings.
For budding hairdressers to practise their braiding.
£8.99 each, toysrus.co.uk
Close the Velcro strap and it’s a soft toy; open it, the Monsters Inc star makes an ideal naptime companion.
Let Optimus Prime and Megatron do battle.
Keep your little ones entertained from car journeys to bedtime.
Why do kids’ bikes always seem to weigh a ton? With its aluminium frame, this beauty doesn’t.
11. Sky-Watcher Infinity 76-P children's telescope
Give them the Moon.
12. Skylanders Swap Force starter set
Mix and match characters' powers.
13. Hape Giant Space Centre & Rocket
Fuel your child’s imagination with a solid wood discovery spaceship, complete with astronaut, land rover, moon rocks and more. Blast off!
14. Tagamoto City Road Set
These intelligent miniature robotic cars react with sounds, movement and lights to codes placed on the road.
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Louise Mensch says 'F**K YOU' in explosive tweets about David Cameron, Saudi Embassy and the Queen over King Abdullah tributes
- 1 King Salman: Just five days in, Saudi Arabia's new king has already overseen a beheading
- 2 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Presidential optical illusion offers clues to how brain processes faces
- 5 Grumpy Roald Dahl letter warning student to 'eschew beastly adjectives' rediscovered after 35 years