10 best football gear
With just over a week to go until the start of the new season, here are the crucial pieces of kit and training aides to get you match-ready
If you play five-a-side, chances are your season never stopped.
But if you’re in an 11-a-side team, the new season will be starting and it’s time to replace those holey old socks.
Here’s our pick of 10 great footballing buys – new and classic – to get you through the winter and beyond. From kit by Nike, Adidas and Puma to hardware to help you up your game, we hope there’s something for every player.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest Buys
Football, pleasingly, remains a game you can play without spending a fortune. But if we could recommend splurging on one key item, it’s got to be the Adidas Copa Mundial boots. Comfy, strong and durable to last you not just this season, but the next couple. And, like all boots should be, black and white.
George Galloway on Scottish independence: The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained in Los Angeles after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
Scottish independence: Britain faces 'constitutional crisis' at next election
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
- 1 Amy Winehouse statue unveiled in Camden
- 2 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 3 George Galloway on Scottish independence: The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
- 4 Headaches, fry ups, and hair of the dog - why do we get hangovers, and is there such thing as a 'cure'?
- 5 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims