10 best football gear
With just over a week to go until the start of the new season, here are the crucial pieces of kit and training aides to get you match-ready
If you play five-a-side, chances are your season never stopped.
But if you’re in an 11-a-side team, the new season will be starting and it’s time to replace those holey old socks.
Here’s our pick of 10 great footballing buys – new and classic – to get you through the winter and beyond. From kit by Nike, Adidas and Puma to hardware to help you up your game, we hope there’s something for every player.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest Buys
Football, pleasingly, remains a game you can play without spending a fortune. But if we could recommend splurging on one key item, it’s got to be the Adidas Copa Mundial boots. Comfy, strong and durable to last you not just this season, but the next couple. And, like all boots should be, black and white.
General Election 2015: Chuka Umunna on the benefits of immigration, humility – and his leader Ed Miliband
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
General Election 2015: Britain would become a 'communist dictatorship' under Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon, claims wife of Michael Gove
- 1 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 2 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 3 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 4 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 5 Ian Brady: Moors murderer announces his support for Ukip and the SNP