10 best football gear
With just over a week to go until the start of the new season, here are the crucial pieces of kit and training aides to get you match-ready
If you play five-a-side, chances are your season never stopped.
But if you’re in an 11-a-side team, the new season will be starting and it’s time to replace those holey old socks.
Here’s our pick of 10 great footballing buys – new and classic – to get you through the winter and beyond. From kit by Nike, Adidas and Puma to hardware to help you up your game, we hope there’s something for every player.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest Buys
Football, pleasingly, remains a game you can play without spending a fortune. But if we could recommend splurging on one key item, it’s got to be the Adidas Copa Mundial boots. Comfy, strong and durable to last you not just this season, but the next couple. And, like all boots should be, black and white.
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 Doctors remove 80 teeth from boy's jaw
- 3 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 4 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 5 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals