10 best football gear
With just over a week to go until the start of the new season, here are the crucial pieces of kit and training aides to get you match-ready
If you play five-a-side, chances are your season never stopped.
But if you’re in an 11-a-side team, the new season will be starting and it’s time to replace those holey old socks.
Here’s our pick of 10 great footballing buys – new and classic – to get you through the winter and beyond. From kit by Nike, Adidas and Puma to hardware to help you up your game, we hope there’s something for every player.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest Buys
Football, pleasingly, remains a game you can play without spending a fortune. But if we could recommend splurging on one key item, it’s got to be the Adidas Copa Mundial boots. Comfy, strong and durable to last you not just this season, but the next couple. And, like all boots should be, black and white.
The moment a Queen's Guard soldier lost it and drew his gun at annoying tourist
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Pentagon accuses Russia of 'playing with fire' over nuclear threats towards Nato
They are neither a 'state' nor 'Islamic': Why we shouldn't call them Isis, Isil or IS
- 1 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 2 Greece crisis: Alexis Tsipras accepts troika bailout proposals with conditions
- 3 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 4 French woman dies in freak bungee jumping accident
- 5 Facebook rainbow profile pictures likely being tracked by social network