10 best football gear
With just over a week to go until the start of the new season, here are the crucial pieces of kit and training aides to get you match-ready
If you play five-a-side, chances are your season never stopped.
But if you’re in an 11-a-side team, the new season will be starting and it’s time to replace those holey old socks.
Here’s our pick of 10 great footballing buys – new and classic – to get you through the winter and beyond. From kit by Nike, Adidas and Puma to hardware to help you up your game, we hope there’s something for every player.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest Buys
Football, pleasingly, remains a game you can play without spending a fortune. But if we could recommend splurging on one key item, it’s got to be the Adidas Copa Mundial boots. Comfy, strong and durable to last you not just this season, but the next couple. And, like all boots should be, black and white.
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'
- 1 Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
- 2 Maisie Williams has an excellent message for one confused fan
- 3 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 Tampon tax scrapped in Canada after petition convinces conservative government