Pose with poise: 9 best yoga mats
Perfect your moves in comfort with one of these hard-wearing bits of kit
It’s the thing you sit/stand/desperately contort on in yoga class. But does it make a difference which one you choose?
It seems so. The yoga mat market is increasingly crammed with huge varieties of colour, pattern, size, shape, thickness and portability. And the type of yoga you practice, the amount of cushioning you need and (sorry, it has to be said), how sweaty and slippy your hands and feet will all have an influence in the type of mat you buy.
We've tried and tested a range on the market; from Nike's good-value basic one to Liforme's innovative version, we hope there's something to suit all budgets and levels of experience.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
For a great all-rounder, the Yogamatters sticky yoga mat is reliable and good value. The Liforme mat is a fantastic gift for the yogi who has it all. And the Lululemon Hot (Towel) mat will prove to be a valuable purchase time and time again.
Read more: 10 best yoga accessories
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
- 1 I'm A Celebrity 2014: Jungle security stepped up after murder and 'suspicious death' near to camp
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Jeremy Hunt: 'I took my children to A&E because I didn't want to wait for GP appointment'
- 4 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 5 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football