Pose with poise: 9 best yoga mats
Perfect your moves in comfort with one of these hard-wearing bits of kit
It’s the thing you sit/stand/desperately contort on in yoga class. But does it make a difference which one you choose?
It seems so. The yoga mat market is increasingly crammed with huge varieties of colour, pattern, size, shape, thickness and portability. And the type of yoga you practice, the amount of cushioning you need and (sorry, it has to be said), how sweaty and slippy your hands and feet will all have an influence in the type of mat you buy.
We've tried and tested a range on the market; from Nike's good-value basic one to Liforme's innovative version, we hope there's something to suit all budgets and levels of experience.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
For a great all-rounder, the Yogamatters sticky yoga mat is reliable and good value. The Liforme mat is a fantastic gift for the yogi who has it all. And the Lululemon Hot (Towel) mat will prove to be a valuable purchase time and time again.
Read more: 10 best yoga accessories
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
- 1 'Nasa Confirms Six Days of Darkness in December': No, they don't - it's a hoax
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 If you think Russell Brand’s new book is confused, you should read what his critics have to say about it
- 5 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party