Pose with poise: 9 best yoga mats
Perfect your moves in comfort with one of these hard-wearing bits of kit
It’s the thing you sit/stand/desperately contort on in yoga class. But does it make a difference which one you choose?
It seems so. The yoga mat market is increasingly crammed with huge varieties of colour, pattern, size, shape, thickness and portability. And the type of yoga you practice, the amount of cushioning you need and (sorry, it has to be said), how sweaty and slippy your hands and feet will all have an influence in the type of mat you buy.
We've tried and tested a range on the market; from Nike's good-value basic one to Liforme's innovative version, we hope there's something to suit all budgets and levels of experience.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
For a great all-rounder, the Yogamatters sticky yoga mat is reliable and good value. The Liforme mat is a fantastic gift for the yogi who has it all. And the Lululemon Hot (Towel) mat will prove to be a valuable purchase time and time again.
Read more: 10 best yoga accessories
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Benefits 'smart cards' plan revealed by Iain Duncan Smith to stop claimants spending welfare money on alcohol
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered...
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 35,000 walrus gather ashore on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- < Previous
- Next >