Easter 2014: 10 best family days out
Want to take the kids somewhere special for a day out this Easter holidays? We have picked the best of the bunch across the UK
Friday 04 April 2014
There’s plenty of Easter-themed activities from the Eden Project’s Chocolate Unwrapped Festival to the Easter Egg Hunt at Willows Farm, Hertfordshire.
We’ve planned for various weather too, with indoor attractions such as the Chill Factore in Manchetser (ideal for rainy days) right through to Rhossili Bay, voted Britain’s best beach (particularly nice when sunny).
No budget? Fear not. Some of our suggestions, such as the National Museum of Scotland, need not cost you a penny.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Alton Towers in Staffordshire is as fun-packed as it gets, while The John Muir Way, Across Scotland is a superb new 134 mile national pathway across Scotland, with plenty to keep the kids amused along the way.
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
- 1 Marijuana use by teenagers does not result in a lower IQ or worse exam results, study finds
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 Jimmy Carr's controversial Oscar Pistorius joke goes too far at the Q Awards
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 NHS staff banned from drinking tea or coffee on the job because it looks like they're not working hard enough