Easter 2014: 10 best family days out
Want to take the kids somewhere special for a day out this Easter holidays? We have picked the best of the bunch across the UK
Friday 04 April 2014
There’s plenty of Easter-themed activities from the Eden Project’s Chocolate Unwrapped Festival to the Easter Egg Hunt at Willows Farm, Hertfordshire.
We’ve planned for various weather too, with indoor attractions such as the Chill Factore in Manchetser (ideal for rainy days) right through to Rhossili Bay, voted Britain’s best beach (particularly nice when sunny).
No budget? Fear not. Some of our suggestions, such as the National Museum of Scotland, need not cost you a penny.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Alton Towers in Staffordshire is as fun-packed as it gets, while The John Muir Way, Across Scotland is a superb new 134 mile national pathway across Scotland, with plenty to keep the kids amused along the way.
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
- 1 Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
- 2 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train