Easter 2014: 10 best family days out
Want to take the kids somewhere special for a day out this Easter holidays? We have picked the best of the bunch across the UK
Friday 04 April 2014
There’s plenty of Easter-themed activities from the Eden Project’s Chocolate Unwrapped Festival to the Easter Egg Hunt at Willows Farm, Hertfordshire.
We’ve planned for various weather too, with indoor attractions such as the Chill Factore in Manchetser (ideal for rainy days) right through to Rhossili Bay, voted Britain’s best beach (particularly nice when sunny).
No budget? Fear not. Some of our suggestions, such as the National Museum of Scotland, need not cost you a penny.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Alton Towers in Staffordshire is as fun-packed as it gets, while The John Muir Way, Across Scotland is a superb new 134 mile national pathway across Scotland, with plenty to keep the kids amused along the way.
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Myleene Klass: Ed Miliband 'strikes back' by comparing UK's need for Labour's mansion tax to Hear'Say track
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Lana Del Rey rape video: Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking leaked footage
- 5 Kenya bus attack: Al-Shabaab militants kill 28 non-Muslims who failed to recite Koran