10 best non-chocolate Easter gifts for children
Avoid the dreaded sugar-high and sticky fingers with these chocolate-free children's Easter gifts - they're guaranteed to last longer than five minutes too
Monday 07 April 2014
Think Easter, think chocolate. But actually, it doesn’t have to be that way. Believe it or not, some kids don’t actually like chocolate. Or perhaps they’re allergic to it. Or maybe you know they’ll be getting such a mountain of chocolate already that you simply want to get an alternative.
Whatever the reason, we have the answer, having rounded up the best non-chocolate (and in most cases, non-consumable) Easter gifts for children. From Spot’s First Easter Book for little ones to John Lewis’s Girl Jersey Bunny Slippers, we have the answer.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Verdict: Playmobil’s Easter Calendar, brand new for this year, proves that the advent calendar concept doesn’t just have to be for Christmas. And the Chocolate Bunny from Build A Bear Workshop is a thoughtful gift that involves a great morning or afternoon out.
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Elif Shafak: Turkish author warns against rise of British nationalism
Most people think legal tax avoidance is just as wrong as illegal tax evasion, poll suggests
Nigel Farage promises Ukip will not 'stigmatise' would-be migrants – and says he wants 'everyone to speak the same language'
- 1 Tourist films plane's descent just metres above packed Caribbean beach
- 2 Kate Moss: Previously unpublished nude photo revealed by Mert and Marcus
- 3 Indian woman creates 'Marriage CV' after parents put her on dating site: 'Definitely not marriage material. Won’t grow long hair, ever'
- 4 World Book Day: Boy 'excluded' from school after dressing up as Fifty Shades' Christian Grey
- 5 Bad Jews poster 'censored' on London Tube