10 best non-chocolate Easter gifts for children
Avoid the dreaded sugar-high and sticky fingers with these chocolate-free children's Easter gifts - they're guaranteed to last longer than five minutes too
Monday 07 April 2014
Think Easter, think chocolate. But actually, it doesn’t have to be that way. Believe it or not, some kids don’t actually like chocolate. Or perhaps they’re allergic to it. Or maybe you know they’ll be getting such a mountain of chocolate already that you simply want to get an alternative.
Whatever the reason, we have the answer, having rounded up the best non-chocolate (and in most cases, non-consumable) Easter gifts for children. From Spot’s First Easter Book for little ones to John Lewis’s Girl Jersey Bunny Slippers, we have the answer.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Verdict: Playmobil’s Easter Calendar, brand new for this year, proves that the advent calendar concept doesn’t just have to be for Christmas. And the Chocolate Bunny from Build A Bear Workshop is a thoughtful gift that involves a great morning or afternoon out.
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 250,000 back our campaign
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
- 1 President Obama leaves touching comment on Humans of New York photo from Iran
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 4 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train