Playtime: 10 best outdoor toys
The sun is finally forecast to come out this Bank Holiday – and these activities may tempt children out into the garden
Thursday 01 May 2014
When it comes to playtime for youngsters, a garden easily beats indoors. No wonder kids are every bit as eager as adults for the sun to come out – and no more so than if you have some outdoor toys to keep them busy.
Not sure what to buy? Read on to find out our best picks for the summer ahead including swing sets, climbing frames and see saws. Don’t worry if you have no garden – we’ve included some options you can take to the park too.
Click here to see the IndyBest buys
The Little Tikes Cozy Coupe isn’t new, but it continues to be by far the best investment you can make in outdoor toys for younger children. For something with more longevity that will keep kids of all ages happy, the new Plum Climbing Pyramid Outdoor Play Centre is so good that they’re bound to want to be on it, whatever the weather.
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
- 1 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Mystery man who gave mum heart-warming note on train 'wanted to put a smile on her face'
- 4 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 5 Grumpy Roald Dahl letter warning student to 'eschew beastly adjectives' rediscovered after 35 years