Winter warmer: 10 best outdoor gilets
Planning a walk this weekend? These useful jackets make a good stop gap for those days when it’s not quite warm enough to go coat free
Thursday 13 March 2014
Find yourself feeling a bit too warm when you leave the house in the mornings? Problem is, it’s still too soon to pack away your coat for the year. So what’s the solution?
Go sleeveless. An outdoor gilet will keep your body warm, whilst giving you freedom of movement in your arms. Meanwhile the wind resistant, water repellent fabric will protect you from the elements. From the Fat Face Amy Gilet, with its smart looks, super cosy fleece lining and feather filling, through to the highly technical Berghaus Men’s Scafell Hydrodown Vest, which is as lightweight as they come, we have researched the best of the bunch.
Click on the gallery to see IndyBest buy
The North Face’s Nuptse Vest is a classic. Not only does it look good, but the attention to detail means it ticks every box. For a less expensive option, Superdry have some great gilets this season, including the super cool Retro Sherpa Gilet. For kids, the bright looking Crew Clothing Preston Gilet is both practical and smart.
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 3 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 4 Motorists taunt suicidal woman on bridge and tell her to 'get on with it'
- 5 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office