The 10 Best Men's bags
Once, most British chaps wouldn't be seen dead carrying a tote or a sleek satchel. How things have changed...
1. Marc by marc jacobs
This cobalt-blue rucksack is waterproof and lightweight, has a handy inside pocket and folds easily to pack away.
2. Ally Capellino
Meet Jeremy, the satchel that launched 1,000 man bags. Ally Capellino's retro-utilitarian design has become a classic, made from waxed cotton and leather.
3. Topman Design
A chintzy print on a modern and sleek rucksack shouldn't work, but it does. Outer pockets make for easy reaching and the jaunty yellow is offset by chunky details.
4. River Island
Orange looks to be a big trend for summer, but this classic burnt sienna shade isn't too faddy. The rigid canvas is durable and the price is nice, too.
5. Cheap Monday
Cheap Monday specialises in funky-but-functional grunge glamour and you'll get plenty in this canvas duffle bag, whether for work or for the weekend.
This canvas tote is beautifully minimal, stylishly modern and elegantly practical. A chic alternative for those who feel too grown up for a satchel or backpack.
Men's bags from Mulberry lack none of the style, intelligence and practicality for which the women's ones are known. The Henry comes with plenty of space and storage.
Some men are simply not comfortable carrying a bag. But for those days when pockets aren't enough, this "suedette" backpack is anything but prissy.
9. Fjallraven Kanken
Gesundheit. This Swedish cult classic is one of the most practical rucksacks available and great value for money. You can't go wrong with a Kanken.
This striped seersucker holdall from the French label APC is roomy enough for a week butcompact enough for a long weekend away.
- 1 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Richard Nieuwenhuizen death: Six teenagers and 50-year-old father convicted of manslaughter in shocking case of referee killed over a game of football
- 4 Exclusive: Newcastle's star talent-spotter on brink as Joe Kinnear sparks walkout
- 5 Vast methane 'plumes' seen in Arctic ocean as sea ice retreats