The 50 best museums & galleries
From secret spooks at Bletchley Park to sartorial splendour at the V&A, Rhiannon Batten presents the essential guide to the nation’s finest art, hidden history and coolest culture
Saturday 23 October 2010
Alice Jones is deputy arts editor of The Independent;
Simon Zimmerman works with Arts Council England’s Visual Arts Strategy team ( www.artscouncil.org.uk);
Justine Roberts is a co-founder of www.mumsnet.com whose readers have contributed recommendations.
Reader email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here or the image to launch our guide
Leave your comments and suggestion below
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 3 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 4 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 5 'It was just like the movie Twister': Man survives Oklahoma tornado by taking refuge in horse stall
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
Excellent Salary Package - £60K to £120K: Austen Lloyd: We have an exciting op...
£200 - £250 per day: Progressive Recruitment: Java Developer - Urgent Requirem...
£70000 - £95000 per annum + Bonus, flexible working hours, remote work: Progre...
£50000 - £56000 per annum + Benefits package, flexible working hours: Progress...