10 best children’s luggage
Don’t be left carrying the kids’ bags this summer: invest in a suitcase designed for younger travellers
Monday 16 June 2014
Rewind the clock a few decades and kids made do with packing their bits and pieces in mum and dad’s suitcase. Not now. Today’s little ones have a whole world of child-focused luggage to choose from, ranging from the award winning Trunki to My First Samsonite’s themed collections of cases that seem to come in just about every shape and size possible.
Older kids are catered for too, ranging from the Smiggle Barrel Bag, aimed at girls, while the SuitSuit BoomBox has a special appeal to pre-teen and teenage boys.
Below, you’ll find a round-up of the best of them, so that when you decide to invest in extra luggage for your offspring this summer, you know you’re getting value for money, practicality, durability and hopefully a bit of fun.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Verdict: Trunki has become a household name in families with kids and with good reason. Their designs are pure genius and the Trunki Benny is no exception. For older kids, we absolutely love the Micro 3in1 Luggage Scooter, although you’ll need deep pockets to afford one.
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
General Election 2015: Britain would become a 'communist dictatorship' under Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon, claims wife of Michael Gove
Rupert Murdoch berated Sun journalists for not doing enough to attack Ed Miliband and stop him winning the general election
- 1 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 2 How to turn off/stop 'seen by' on Facebook: Disable it to make your chats seem less passive aggressive
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 'We're not heroes, just tourists': Swedish police officers on holiday stop vicious assault on New York subway
- 5 Buckingham Palace guard who attacked passers-by in 'most most violent piece of CCTV footage' police officer had seen walks free