12 best dog accessories for summer
Keep your pooch cool and healthy this summer when you're on the go and at home with these treats, toys and travel accessories
Friday 08 August 2014
With dog-friendly travel guides, pet concierge services, five-star doggy hotels, dedicated style blogs and even their own festival, life has never been sweeter for a modern dog.
From wellbeing buys such as protective sun wipes, to gourmet iced treats and travel must-haves including a stylish canine carryall and a guide to holidaying with your dog, Alex Frith of modern dog lifestyle blog Barkarama rounds up twelve summer items for your dog at home and away.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
When it comes to planning your next canine adventure, Phileas Dogg’s Guide to Dog Friendly Holidays in Britain is an endless source of inspiration for days out and mini-breaks with your mutt. For streamline packing and minimal stress, we’d go for Poppy & Rufus’ Maxi Dog Travel Bag every time. Plus once unpacked it folds away neatly should you and your canine companion find yourself in close quarters. But if you’re an owner who likes a deal, then for two products in one for less than £20, the ThrowBall Frisbee Water Bowl gets our paws up.
Read more: 10 best dog toys
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
Ed Miliband's 'north London set' must be demolished to save Labour, say critics
Sarah Vine criticises lesbian mother Jack Monroe: 'If she was unsure about her sexuality, she should have taken greater precautions'
- 1 Exodus Gods and Kings: Ridley Scott never considered casting 'Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such' in lead role
- 2 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he'd killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship