The food & drink quiz
1. The Golden Spurtle Trophy is awarded to the winner of the competition to make the best what?
2. Seven foodstuffs feature in the titles of Beatles songs (not including cover versions). Which songs?
3. 1962 nautical adventure starring Marlon Brando; 1996 comic science fiction film starring Jack Nicholson; 2005 comic science fiction film starring Martin Freeman. What's the connection?
4. Which beer was invented in 1989 by Karan Bilimoria?
5. Competitive eater Joey Chestnut set a world record in 2009 when, in 10 minutes, he consumed 68 what?
6. Café Europe was a 2006 cultural initiative that was the result of which country's EU presidency?
7. The name of London's oldest riverside pub, dating from the 1500s, connects it to a town in Yorkshire. Which pub is it?
8. Complete this line from Shakespeare's Twelfth Night: "Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more..."
9. The fictional town of Lansquenet-sous-Tannes is the setting for which 1999 novel (later a film)?
10. What, in 1951, was Raymond Postgate's contribution to Britain's food life?
General Election 2015: Chuka Umunna on the benefits of immigration, humility – and his leader Ed Miliband
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
Rupert Murdoch berated Sun journalists for not doing enough to attack Ed Miliband and stop him winning the general election
- 1 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 2 Why this father didn’t hide his daughter’s heroin overdose in her obituary
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'
- 5 The most powerful passports in the world