The food & drink quiz
1. The Golden Spurtle Trophy is awarded to the winner of the competition to make the best what?
2. Seven foodstuffs feature in the titles of Beatles songs (not including cover versions). Which songs?
3. 1962 nautical adventure starring Marlon Brando; 1996 comic science fiction film starring Jack Nicholson; 2005 comic science fiction film starring Martin Freeman. What's the connection?
4. Which beer was invented in 1989 by Karan Bilimoria?
5. Competitive eater Joey Chestnut set a world record in 2009 when, in 10 minutes, he consumed 68 what?
6. Café Europe was a 2006 cultural initiative that was the result of which country's EU presidency?
7. The name of London's oldest riverside pub, dating from the 1500s, connects it to a town in Yorkshire. Which pub is it?
8. Complete this line from Shakespeare's Twelfth Night: "Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more..."
9. The fictional town of Lansquenet-sous-Tannes is the setting for which 1999 novel (later a film)?
10. What, in 1951, was Raymond Postgate's contribution to Britain's food life?
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn accused of 'deluding' young supporters with 'claptrap'
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
Iain Duncan Smith calls for urgent ESA overhaul as part of drive to cut down welfare costs
- 1 The difference between a migrant and refugee, in one sentence
- 2 Miley Cyrus calls out hypocrisy of women’s nipples being taboo
- 3 Celebrity Big Brother 2015: Tila Tequila kicked off show after 'describing Hitler as a good man'
- 4 iPhone 5c to be discontinued, no iPhone 6c to replace it
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night