The food & drink quiz
From the blogs
The guard has changed at Old Trafford for the first time in 26 years. Meanwhile, down the road, the ...
There is a good many moments in the second episode of this psychological thriller that deserve refle...
The opening titles squeal ‘Never Can Say Goodbye…’. Oh Lord how I wish I could heave this series off...
The main course on most beer matching menus tends to be meat. Not just any meat, pork. And I’m not t...
1. The Golden Spurtle Trophy is awarded to the winner of the competition to make the best what?
2. Seven foodstuffs feature in the titles of Beatles songs (not including cover versions). Which songs?
3. 1962 nautical adventure starring Marlon Brando; 1996 comic science fiction film starring Jack Nicholson; 2005 comic science fiction film starring Martin Freeman. What's the connection?
4. Which beer was invented in 1989 by Karan Bilimoria?
5. Competitive eater Joey Chestnut set a world record in 2009 when, in 10 minutes, he consumed 68 what?
6. Café Europe was a 2006 cultural initiative that was the result of which country's EU presidency?
7. The name of London's oldest riverside pub, dating from the 1500s, connects it to a town in Yorkshire. Which pub is it?
8. Complete this line from Shakespeare's Twelfth Night: "Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more..."
9. The fictional town of Lansquenet-sous-Tannes is the setting for which 1999 novel (later a film)?
10. What, in 1951, was Raymond Postgate's contribution to Britain's food life?
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 3 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 4 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 5 'It was just like the movie Twister': Man survives Oklahoma tornado by taking refuge in horse stall
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.