The food & drink quiz
1. The Golden Spurtle Trophy is awarded to the winner of the competition to make the best what?
2. Seven foodstuffs feature in the titles of Beatles songs (not including cover versions). Which songs?
3. 1962 nautical adventure starring Marlon Brando; 1996 comic science fiction film starring Jack Nicholson; 2005 comic science fiction film starring Martin Freeman. What's the connection?
4. Which beer was invented in 1989 by Karan Bilimoria?
5. Competitive eater Joey Chestnut set a world record in 2009 when, in 10 minutes, he consumed 68 what?
6. Café Europe was a 2006 cultural initiative that was the result of which country's EU presidency?
7. The name of London's oldest riverside pub, dating from the 1500s, connects it to a town in Yorkshire. Which pub is it?
8. Complete this line from Shakespeare's Twelfth Night: "Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more..."
9. The fictional town of Lansquenet-sous-Tannes is the setting for which 1999 novel (later a film)?
10. What, in 1951, was Raymond Postgate's contribution to Britain's food life?
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
- 1 Universities aren't working us hard enough, say undergraduates
- 2 Lego letter from the 1970s still offers a powerful message to parents 40 years later
- 3 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'