1. Which classic of children's literature, published in 1906, told the story of the Waterbury family?
2. "War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige as the warrior does today." The words of which 20th-century US president?
3. In 1884, who wrote a paper, 'On Coca', extolling the virtues of cocaine?
4. What were Gondwana and Laurasia?
5. Whose godchildren include Sean Lennon, and Brooklyn and Romeo Beckham?
6. Cambridge, Massachusetts is the site of America's oldest what?
7. The Presidency of Italy comes with three official residences – one in Rome, one just outside Rome, and one in which other city?
8. Ilich Ramirez Sanchez, born in Venezuela in 1949, is better known as who?
9. Samuel Pepys, Jane Austen, Mary Wollstonecraft, Charles Dickens, and Thomas Hardy, among others. What's the connection?
10. The Ten Years' War (1868-78) and the Little War (1879-80) were preludes to which country's liberation from colonial rule?Reuse content