The Saturday quiz answers
Saturday 17 December 2011
From the blogs
Dr Ron Schultz, professor and chair of pathological sciences at The University of Wisconsin, joined ...
What a wonderful way to end this momentous series in the 50th year of Doctor Who. From the start of ...
The UK Independence Party is on 19 per cent, the highest share recorded by any pollster, in a ComRes...
I know Dan Lepard nabbed it first for his wonderful book on baking but I’m eternally jealous, as it ...
2. Minor planets.
4. Napoleonic Wars.
5. Prefix Black: Blackdowns; played by Honor Blackman in Goldfinger; home of Blackpool FC; created the BlackBerry.
6. À la recherche du temps perdu by Marcel Proust.
7. Jackie Kennedy.
8. The Duke of York's HQ (homes of the Saatchi Gallery).
9. Hugh Laurie.
10. Ice hockey.
- 1 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Boxing: Carl Froch slams fellow Brits for sparring with Mikkel Kessler
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 David Cameron goes to war with press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.