1. Which explorer was succeeded by John Lennon?
2. Which country was the first to see in the Millennium?
3. In 1907, the American inventor Charles Oldrieve took 40 days to travel from Cincinnati to New Orleans. In 1988 the French musician Remy Bricka took 40 days to travel across the Atlantic, from Trinidad to the Canary Islands. How did they travel?
4. Oscar Wilde, Bruce Chatwin, TE Lawrence, WH Auden. Which is the only one buried in the British Isles?
5. From 1963 to 1973 it was called Cape Kennedy. What was it called both before and since?
6. Which classic children's novel climaxes in an emotional reunion at Oakworth station?
7. A return trip between Leicester and Loughborough in 1841. The first what?
8. Which is the only US state that grows coffee?
9. Which London hotel, dating from 1906, was built to resemble a stylish block of Parisian apartments?
10. Which islands shield the mudflat region of the Wadden Sea?Reuse content