1. The name of which Englishman was given to one of the American navy's ships during the War of Independence?
2. England's Alastair Cook was the leading run-scorer in the recent Ashes series. Who was second?
3. Little known then, globally famous now, who arrived at work in Stockholm in 2004 and died of a heart attack?
4. He married Mildred Williams in 1949, Kimberley Conrad in 1989, and this year will marry Crystal Harris. Who?
5. Eric Coates wrote the theme music to which radio programme?
6. "It's all in the cheekbones..." The words of which recently deceased British actor?
7. Eight states is the most that any US state has borders with, and they are Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Missouri, and Arkansas. Which state?
8. David Webb is the fictional hero of a series of hit films made in 2002, 2004, and 2007 (with another in the pipeline). Except that audiences know him by one of his many aliases. Which one?
9. On 11 November 1985, 16 Great War poets were commemorated in Westminster Abbey's Poet's Corner. Who was the only one still alive at the time?
10. FIDE is the governing body of which would-be Olympic sport?Reuse content