The Saturday quiz
Saturday 02 July 2011
1. Of the nine vice-presidents who have succeeded to the US presidency, what is unique about Gerald Ford's succession to Richard Nixon in 1973?
2. The first Slut Walk took place in which city?
3. Which Bond actor's autobiography is called My Word is My Bond?
4. "Project Volvo" was intended to remove who from power?
5. On 2 November 1982 the voice of Paul Coia said welcome to what?
6. Howard Sounes, Robert Shelton and Anthony Scaduto are among those who have written a biography of whom?
7. Fremont Street is the second most famous street in this US city. Which is the most famous?
8. Love on the Dole; A Taste of Honey; East is East. Films all set where?
9. Traverse; Thrust; Raked. All types of what?
10. Which is the only cricket ground to have played host to more than 100 Test matches?
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 crash: 'Nine Britons, 23 Americans and 80 children' feared dead after Boeing passenger jet is 'shot down' near Ukraine-Russia border
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains
- 1 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 2 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 3 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel ‘admits to shooting down plane’
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda