The Saturday quiz
Saturday 02 July 2011
1. Of the nine vice-presidents who have succeeded to the US presidency, what is unique about Gerald Ford's succession to Richard Nixon in 1973?
2. The first Slut Walk took place in which city?
3. Which Bond actor's autobiography is called My Word is My Bond?
4. "Project Volvo" was intended to remove who from power?
5. On 2 November 1982 the voice of Paul Coia said welcome to what?
6. Howard Sounes, Robert Shelton and Anthony Scaduto are among those who have written a biography of whom?
7. Fremont Street is the second most famous street in this US city. Which is the most famous?
8. Love on the Dole; A Taste of Honey; East is East. Films all set where?
9. Traverse; Thrust; Raked. All types of what?
10. Which is the only cricket ground to have played host to more than 100 Test matches?
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Kim Kardashian on Bruce Jenner's 'story': 'We support him no matter what, and I think when the time is right, he'll talk'
- 3 Russian girl takes her own life after parents find pornography on her computer
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights