The Saturday quiz
Saturday 02 July 2011
1. Of the nine vice-presidents who have succeeded to the US presidency, what is unique about Gerald Ford's succession to Richard Nixon in 1973?
2. The first Slut Walk took place in which city?
3. Which Bond actor's autobiography is called My Word is My Bond?
4. "Project Volvo" was intended to remove who from power?
5. On 2 November 1982 the voice of Paul Coia said welcome to what?
6. Howard Sounes, Robert Shelton and Anthony Scaduto are among those who have written a biography of whom?
7. Fremont Street is the second most famous street in this US city. Which is the most famous?
8. Love on the Dole; A Taste of Honey; East is East. Films all set where?
9. Traverse; Thrust; Raked. All types of what?
10. Which is the only cricket ground to have played host to more than 100 Test matches?
Over 50,000 families shipped out of London boroughs in the past three years due to welfare cuts and soaring rents
EU asylum policy is 'a direct threat to our civilisation', says Nigel Farage
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: SNP and its activists 'openly racist' towards the English, Farage says
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
Schools forced to act as 'miniature welfare states' with teachers buying underwear and even haircuts for poor pupils
- 2 The man who filmed the Freddie Gray video has been arrested at gunpoint
- 4 How the language you speak changes your view of the world