The Saturday quiz
From the blogs
There are more empty shops on our high streets than ever before, says another report into the state ...
The guard has changed at Old Trafford for the first time in 26 years. Meanwhile, down the road, the ...
There is a good many moments in the second episode of this psychological thriller that deserve refle...
The opening titles squeal ‘Never Can Say Goodbye…’. Oh Lord how I wish I could heave this series off...
1. The American Tod Browning directed which notorious 1930s movie?
2. Which 19th-century novelist said he never wanted a statue of himself put up?
3. A neon artwork comprising the words 'More Passion' was recently installed where?
4. The American Laura Riding was the writing partner of which 20th-century British poet and novelist?
5. The Fuller building in New York is better known as what?
6. One of John Everett Millais' most famous paintings depicts which scene from Shakespeare?
7. Ramlila Park is a prominent green space in which Asian capital city?
8. "I come from Des Moines. Somebody had to." The opening to whose 1989 breakthrough book?
9. Which 81-year-old American is known as the Sage of Omaha?
10. Vlad the Impaler was the model for the title character of which celebrated 19th-century novel?
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 4 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 5 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.