1. Which leading figure in the entertainment industry has a company called Syco?
2. The fictional town of Seahaven is the setting for which prescient 1998 movie?
3. The Farc rebel group operates in which country?
4. Which footballer plays in a band called Piola Vago?
5. World Heritage Sites began in the 1950s when ancient temples were threatened by a dam-building project in which country?
6. Three Men in a Boat; The Postman Always Rings Twice; 2001: A Space Odyssey; Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. What's the connection?
7. Who was recently revealed to have believed that Martin Luther King was "a phoney" and Charles de Gaulle "an egomaniac"?
8. In January 1896, Walter Arnold of East Peckham in Kent became the first person to be convicted of what offence?
9. Salyut 1, dating from 1971, was the first what?
10. Rod Stewart is credited with playing to the biggest rock concert audience of all time – an estimated 3.5m people on New Year's Eve, 1994. Where?
Each weekday, Simon O'Hagan will tweet a question from his quiz archive. Follow him on Twitter: @SimonOHaganReuse content