The Saturday quiz
1. What began on 17 September this year in Zuccotti Park?
2. A libel case in 1878 was the result of critic John Ruskin accusing which artist of "flinging a pot of paint in the public's face"?
3. Julian Barnes, John Betjeman, Whit Stillman, François Truffaut. What's the connection?
4. In 2004, Brendan Cole was one half of the first duo to win what?
5. CBGB – the legendary New York club that ran from 1973 to 2006 – was an acronym for which three genres of music?
6. Nancy Shevell is his third wife. Who were the first two?
7. The Way of St James leads where?
8. The most recent instance of a film winning the Best Picture Oscar that had a PG certificate was in 1989. A stage version is currently on in London. Which film?
9. She died in 1841 and her headstone refers to "the benevolence of her heart, the sweetness of her temperament, and the extraordinary endowments of her mind". Who was she?
10. In 1916, who was stranded on Elephant Island?
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Man to be beheaded in Saudi Arabia after ripping up a Koran and hitting it with his shoe
- 3 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 4 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory