The Saturday quiz
1. What began on 17 September this year in Zuccotti Park?
2. A libel case in 1878 was the result of critic John Ruskin accusing which artist of "flinging a pot of paint in the public's face"?
3. Julian Barnes, John Betjeman, Whit Stillman, François Truffaut. What's the connection?
4. In 2004, Brendan Cole was one half of the first duo to win what?
5. CBGB – the legendary New York club that ran from 1973 to 2006 – was an acronym for which three genres of music?
6. Nancy Shevell is his third wife. Who were the first two?
7. The Way of St James leads where?
8. The most recent instance of a film winning the Best Picture Oscar that had a PG certificate was in 1989. A stage version is currently on in London. Which film?
9. She died in 1841 and her headstone refers to "the benevolence of her heart, the sweetness of her temperament, and the extraordinary endowments of her mind". Who was she?
10. In 1916, who was stranded on Elephant Island?
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 250,000 back our campaign
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Refugees welcome: More than 250,000 sign Independent petition calling for Britain to 'take its fair share'
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 President Obama leaves touching comment on Humans of New York photo from Iran
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 5 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan