The Saturday quiz
1. Julie London; Henry Fonda and Katharine Hepburn; Quentin Tarantino; Garrison Keillor. What's the connection?
2. With a film version that came out in France in 1900, which Shakespeare play is reckoned to be the first adapted for the screen?
3. The original Comedy Store club was founded in 1972 in which US city?
4. What type of dish comes from a word meaning 'a lid' – a reference to when the food was used to cover the contents of a glass?
5. Who was elected MP for Huntingdon in 1628, and for Cambridge in 1640?
6. Tinglan Hong is the mother. Who is the father?
7. Google's HQ in California is called what?
8. Petrarch (1304-1374) is widely regarded as the father of which movement?
9. The word 'yomp' gained widespread currency after which war?
1o. Which Ben and Jerry's ice-cream flavour is named after the lead member of a cult 1960s band?
Jo from Northern Ireland was less than impressed by Russell Brand's attempt to stage a publicity stunt
Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
New era of cheap oil 'will destroy green revolution'
Ukip founder Alan Sked and Nigel Farage 'begged Enoch Powell to stand as a candidate'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more