The Saturday quiz
1. Julie London; Henry Fonda and Katharine Hepburn; Quentin Tarantino; Garrison Keillor. What's the connection?
2. With a film version that came out in France in 1900, which Shakespeare play is reckoned to be the first adapted for the screen?
3. The original Comedy Store club was founded in 1972 in which US city?
4. What type of dish comes from a word meaning 'a lid' – a reference to when the food was used to cover the contents of a glass?
5. Who was elected MP for Huntingdon in 1628, and for Cambridge in 1640?
6. Tinglan Hong is the mother. Who is the father?
7. Google's HQ in California is called what?
8. Petrarch (1304-1374) is widely regarded as the father of which movement?
9. The word 'yomp' gained widespread currency after which war?
1o. Which Ben and Jerry's ice-cream flavour is named after the lead member of a cult 1960s band?
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
Stock up on canned food for stock market crash, warns former Gordon Brown adviser
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn voters most likely to believe 'world is controlled by a secretive elite'
- 1 The difference between a migrant and refugee, in one sentence
- 2 Miley Cyrus calls out hypocrisy of women’s nipples being taboo
- 3 Celebrity Big Brother 2015: Tila Tequila kicked off show after 'describing Hitler as a good man'
- 4 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 5 iPhone 5c to be discontinued, no iPhone 6c to replace it