The Saturday quiz
1. Julie London; Henry Fonda and Katharine Hepburn; Quentin Tarantino; Garrison Keillor. What's the connection?
2. With a film version that came out in France in 1900, which Shakespeare play is reckoned to be the first adapted for the screen?
3. The original Comedy Store club was founded in 1972 in which US city?
4. What type of dish comes from a word meaning 'a lid' – a reference to when the food was used to cover the contents of a glass?
5. Who was elected MP for Huntingdon in 1628, and for Cambridge in 1640?
6. Tinglan Hong is the mother. Who is the father?
7. Google's HQ in California is called what?
8. Petrarch (1304-1374) is widely regarded as the father of which movement?
9. The word 'yomp' gained widespread currency after which war?
1o. Which Ben and Jerry's ice-cream flavour is named after the lead member of a cult 1960s band?
Top Gear presenter is no stranger to foot-in-mouth controversy
Review: Mike Leigh's biopic is a rambling, rich character study
Want to ward off (or welcome) trick-or-treaters? Here's how
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
- 1 'Nasa Confirms Six Days of Darkness in December': No, they don't - it's a hoax
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 If you think Russell Brand’s new book is confused, you should read what his critics have to say about it
- 5 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party