The Saturday quiz
1. Julie London; Henry Fonda and Katharine Hepburn; Quentin Tarantino; Garrison Keillor. What's the connection?
2. With a film version that came out in France in 1900, which Shakespeare play is reckoned to be the first adapted for the screen?
3. The original Comedy Store club was founded in 1972 in which US city?
4. What type of dish comes from a word meaning 'a lid' – a reference to when the food was used to cover the contents of a glass?
5. Who was elected MP for Huntingdon in 1628, and for Cambridge in 1640?
6. Tinglan Hong is the mother. Who is the father?
7. Google's HQ in California is called what?
8. Petrarch (1304-1374) is widely regarded as the father of which movement?
9. The word 'yomp' gained widespread currency after which war?
1o. Which Ben and Jerry's ice-cream flavour is named after the lead member of a cult 1960s band?
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 1 East 17 bandmember Brian Harvey in 'very desperate situation’
- 2 Germanwings plane crash: Video shows co-pilot Andreas Lubitz learning to fly as a teenager
- 3 Vladimir Putin says Russia will fight for the right of Palestinians to their own state
- 4 Germanwings crash: Captain of doomed plane was only 'on board because he changed job to spend more time with his children'
- 5 WrestleMania 31 results: Seth Rollins stuns WWE as he cashes in Money in the Bank contract to claim title from Brock Lesnar