The Saturday quiz answers
Saturday 28 May 2011
From the blogs
The guard has changed at Old Trafford for the first time in 26 years. Meanwhile, down the road, the ...
There is a good many moments in the second episode of this psychological thriller that deserve refle...
The opening titles squeal ‘Never Can Say Goodbye…’. Oh Lord how I wish I could heave this series off...
The main course on most beer matching menus tends to be meat. Not just any meat, pork. And I’m not t...
1. TE Lawrence. The book was called The Seven Pillars of Wisdom.
2. Boxing contests between Henry Cooper and Cassius Clay/Mohammed Ali.
4. Judy Garland.
6. Toni Morrison.
8. The pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood.
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Austerity has hardened the nation's heart
- 3 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 4 X marks the spot: The find that could rewrite Australian history
- 5 'It was just like the movie Twister': Man survives Oklahoma tornado by taking refuge in horse stall
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.