The Saturday quiz answers
Saturday 16 July 2011
From the blogs
There are more empty shops on our high streets than ever before, says another report into the state ...
The guard has changed at Old Trafford for the first time in 26 years. Meanwhile, down the road, the ...
There is a good many moments in the second episode of this psychological thriller that deserve refle...
The opening titles squeal ‘Never Can Say Goodbye…’. Oh Lord how I wish I could heave this series off...
1. Rudyard Kipling.
2. Quebec and Lima.
3. Left-handed winners of the women's singles at Wimbledon.
4. West Sussex.
5. Slightly bigger.
6. Graceland, Elvis Presley's old home.
7. The Morecambe and Wise Show, in a farewell delivered by the actress Janet Webb.
8. Leonardo DiCaprio.
9. The Bennet sisters in Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice.
10. John Humphrys.
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 4 Ingrid Loyau-Kennett, the mother-of-two hailed as a hero for confronting Woolwich attackers, thought: 'better me than a child'
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL will seek to exploit this evil crime for their own evil ends
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.