The Saturday Quiz answers
Saturday 17 September 2011
From the blogs
I know Dan Lepard nabbed it first for his wonderful book on baking but I’m eternally jealous, as it ...
Let's talk book blurbs, those quotes you get, usually from other writers, that are meant to entice y...
Much has been written this past week about a Syrian rebel named Khalid al-Hamad, who goes by the nom...
Maize is a political crop that has essentially enslaved Malawi as a nation. Despite being the staple...
1. David Mellor MP.
2. "This is the saddest story I have ever heard."
3. Serge Gainsbourg.
5. A power cut.
6. The Red Cross.
7. Steve Jobs as boss of Apple.
10. The design of motorway road signs.
- 1 Stoke City investigate 'religious abuse' after 'pig's head is found in Kenwyne Jones' locker'
- 2 Gove’s lesson: spare the comma, spoil the child
- 3 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 4 Grace Dent on TV: Extreme Couponing, My Strange Addiction, and Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, TLC
- 5 Join Ryanair! See the world! But we'll only pay you for nine months a year
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.