The Saturday quiz answers
Saturday 22 October 2011
From the blogs
There is a good many moments in the second episode of this psychological thriller that deserve refle...
The opening titles squeal ‘Never Can Say Goodbye…’. Oh Lord how I wish I could heave this series off...
The main course on most beer matching menus tends to be meat. Not just any meat, pork. And I’m not t...
Norman Tebbit is not the first Tory peer to raise the hypothetical possibility of an heir to the thr...
1. The widow of an estate owner.
2. Santos and New York Cosmos.
4. The Mersey Sound.
5. H – Hackney, Hammersmith and Fulham, Haringey, Harrow, Havering, Hillingdon, and Hounslow.
6. Doll: Sung 'Living Doll'; wrote A Doll's House; wrote Valley of the Dolls.
7. Squash, maize and beans.
8. Philip Larkin.
9. Prince Albert.
10. The England Rugby Union team.
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Austerity has hardened the nation's heart
- 3 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 4 Why Arsène Wenger must spend to put icing on the cake and buy likes of Stevan Jovetic for Arsenal
- 5 'It was just like the movie Twister': Man survives Oklahoma tornado by taking refuge in horse stall
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.