1. The death of King George VI. His daughter Princess Elizabeth was staying there and thus succeeded to the throne.
2. It was the potato blight that caused widespread famine, in particular in Ireland.
3. Ted Hughes.
5. PG Wodehouse. Bertie Wooster and Rupert Psmith were both members.
7. Trafalgar. He commanded the French and Spanish fleets.
8. The concert by The Who that became their Live at Leeds album.
9. Characters played by Jeff Bridges and Sandra Bullock in the performances that earnt them the 2010 Oscars for Best Actor and Best Actress (in Crazy Heart and The Blind Side respectively).
10. Read the news on BBC radio.Reuse content