The great Christmas Eve quiz answers
1 Chekhov's Three Sisters.
3 The Jackson 5.
4 The World is Not Enough.
5 David and Frederick Barclay.
1 CS Lewis.
2 Jaws, Star Wars, ET.
3 The Bridge on the River Kwai.
4 Woody Allen.
5 Played young Abraham Lincoln (in Young Mr Lincoln) and young Winston Churchill (in Young Winston).
1 Graham Greene.
2 The Corrections and Freedom (by Jonathan Franzen).
3 Peter Stothard.
4 The longest novel ever written.
5 Dan Brown.
2 John Smith's.
3 Because of preferences expressed in the film Sideways.
4 Nicolas Sarkozy.
5 Beer Street.
1 The Incredible Journey (in the book by Sheila Burnford about two dogs and a cat travelling across Canada).
2 Sail through the Suez Canal.
3 They are the two ends of the Channel Tunnel.
4 Air Miles.
5 Roald Amundsen's to the South Pole.
1 Doctor Who.
2 The European Broadcasting Union.
5 The Naked Chef.
1 Stiff Records.
2 Ralph Vaughan Williams.
4 Elton John and Bernie Taupin.
2 White: White's; the Beatles' White Album; "White Christmas".
3 Dick Whittington and his Cat.
4 Card games.
5 The first Alternative Christmas Message on Channel 4.
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
- 1 Forget 'The Dress': Here are five of the biggest news stories you might have missed
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 MH370: 'Putin ordered plane to be flown to Kazakhstan space port,' conspiracy theory claims