The great Christmas Eve quiz answers
1 Chekhov's Three Sisters.
3 The Jackson 5.
4 The World is Not Enough.
5 David and Frederick Barclay.
1 CS Lewis.
2 Jaws, Star Wars, ET.
3 The Bridge on the River Kwai.
4 Woody Allen.
5 Played young Abraham Lincoln (in Young Mr Lincoln) and young Winston Churchill (in Young Winston).
1 Graham Greene.
2 The Corrections and Freedom (by Jonathan Franzen).
3 Peter Stothard.
4 The longest novel ever written.
5 Dan Brown.
2 John Smith's.
3 Because of preferences expressed in the film Sideways.
4 Nicolas Sarkozy.
5 Beer Street.
1 The Incredible Journey (in the book by Sheila Burnford about two dogs and a cat travelling across Canada).
2 Sail through the Suez Canal.
3 They are the two ends of the Channel Tunnel.
4 Air Miles.
5 Roald Amundsen's to the South Pole.
1 Doctor Who.
2 The European Broadcasting Union.
5 The Naked Chef.
1 Stiff Records.
2 Ralph Vaughan Williams.
4 Elton John and Bernie Taupin.
2 White: White's; the Beatles' White Album; "White Christmas".
3 Dick Whittington and his Cat.
4 Card games.
5 The first Alternative Christmas Message on Channel 4.
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Christmas comes early to Hong Kong, as millions of bank notes spill out onto busy street
- 3 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 4 Northern Lights above Britain: Stunning Aurora Borealis illuminates Northumberland sky on Christmas Eve
- 5 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh