1. Which Second World War battle was the subject of a 1956 film by Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger?
2. Who are Tian Tian and Yang Guang?
3. Which government department resides at 1 Horse Guards Road?
4. What filled the front page of the newspaper L'Aurore on 13 January 1898?
5. Which British thoroughfare came into being on 1 January 1929?
6. In June 2011 whose handbag sold for £25,000 at a charity auction at Christie's?
7. Which classic 1920s children's book features a character with the same name as the author – a journalist who interviews the boy hero of the story?
8. In 1992 who went knickerless to Buckingham Palace to collect her OBE?
9. Nantucket, on the Massachusetts coast, is the site of America's oldest working what (dating from 1746)?
10. 18th-century Scottish brothers who were pioneers of architecture and design; second woman editor of a national newspaper. What's the connection?
- More about:
- Buckingham Palace
- Newspapers And Magazines
- Young People's Literature