The Saturday Quiz
1. Which actress made her film debut in Julia (1977)?
2. Born in 1966, he played for Auxerre, Martigues, Marseille, Bordeaux, Montpellier, Nimes and which two English clubs?
3. The BBC TV drama Cathy Come Home inspired the setting up of which charity?
4. Yoknapatawpha County was a fictional county that appeared in the works of which leading American writer (1897-1962)?
5. The Brynmor Jones Library is the main library at which university?
6. Rarotonga is the most populous of which group of Pacific islands?
7. Which British band – their debut album released in 1993, their latest in 2011 – appeared on both David Cameron's and Nick Clegg's Desert Island Discs choices?
8. The first in the UK was installed in Enfield in 1967; the first person to use it was the actor Reg Varney. There are now about 65,000. What?
9. Was the old East Germany less than half as big as the old West Germany or more than half as big?
10. The deaths of Pompey the Great, Shakespeare and Ingrid Bergman. What's the connection?
Threat of 'catastrophic cascade of collisions' must be averted, warn scientists
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Vince Cable: Teachers 'know absolutely nothing' about the world of work
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
The quiet diplomat: Catherine Ashton - recognised and admired in all the world’s troubled countries, yet ridiculed at home
- 1 Australian man Rod Sommerville reacts to bite from deadly snake by reaching for cold beer
- 2 Pakistan vs Paul Smith: Sandal-wearers bemused by famed British designer's attempts to sell traditional Peshawari chappal-style shoes for the distinctly untraditional sum of £300
- 3 North Korea elections: Kim Jong-un wins 100% of the vote
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 Sharknado 2: Former WWE wrestler Kurt Angle to fight second wave of flying sharks