The Saturday Quiz
1. The first company to sponsor the FA Cup (in 1994) was also the second company to sponsor the League Cup (in 1986). Which company?
2. The Archipelago Sea is a sea within which major European sea?
3. René Goscinny (1926-1977) and Albert Uderzo (born 1927) created which comic-strip character?
4. The title of this landmark 1930 German film was the name of the nightclub where one of the leading characters performed. Which film?
5. What word describes a small, most-often dome-like, structure on top of a building?
6. The Naked Civil Servant; Inglourious Basterds; Mister Magnolia. What's the connection?
7. According to recent figures, which country is the biggest buyer of Rolls-Royce cars?
8. The largest public building built in the UK in the 20th century was designed by Colin St John Wilson and opened in 1997. Which building?
9. The son of Findlaech, he was King of Scotland from 1040-1057. Who?
10. Ransom (1985) was this US author's second novel, following on from his hugely successful debut the previous year. Which was?
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
- 2 This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
- 3 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet