The Saturday Quiz
1. The most populous country in the world where French is the official language is not France. Which country is it?
2. Vocal group The Jordanaires were best known for backing which singer?
3. Which world record was set earlier this year by Laura Dekker?
4. Richard Curtis and Lenny Henry founded which charity?
5. Who took up residency last year in Ellingham Hall, Suffolk?
6. Which of this year's Olympic venues has been designed by Zaha Hadid (right)?
7. Born in Philadelphia in 1929, she went on to have titles that included Duchess of Valentinois, Marchioness of Baux, Countess of Carlades, and Baroness of Saint-Lô. She was better known as?
8. Which is the lake in Anita Brookner's Hotel du Lac?
9. The Alard, the Lipinski and the Messiah are all what type of musical instrument?
10. Europe's southernmost glaciers are in which country?
Thousands of teenage girls enduring debilitating illnesses after routine school cancer vaccination
Migrants in Kos: Photos show real tragedy after Brits abroad complain of 'awkward' holidays
Michael Gove determined to scrap the Human Rights Act – even if Scotland retains it
Threat to scrap Human Rights Act could see UK follow Nazi example, warns UN official
Church of England 'one generation away from extinction' after dramatic loss of followers
Russian 'aggression' sees Poland rearm its military as minister warns: 'We must be ready'
- 2 California man brutally beat 82-year-old Sikh grandfather he mistook for 'one of those people'
- 3 School kitchen manager 'fired from Colorado school for giving hungry students free lunches'
- 4 Amy Schumer: 'I'm 160lbs and can catch a d**k any time I want'
- 5 Isis executes three gay men by dangling them from top of 100ft building and letting go