The Saturday Quiz
1. The most populous country in the world where French is the official language is not France. Which country is it?
2. Vocal group The Jordanaires were best known for backing which singer?
3. Which world record was set earlier this year by Laura Dekker?
4. Richard Curtis and Lenny Henry founded which charity?
5. Who took up residency last year in Ellingham Hall, Suffolk?
6. Which of this year's Olympic venues has been designed by Zaha Hadid (right)?
7. Born in Philadelphia in 1929, she went on to have titles that included Duchess of Valentinois, Marchioness of Baux, Countess of Carlades, and Baroness of Saint-Lô. She was better known as?
8. Which is the lake in Anita Brookner's Hotel du Lac?
9. The Alard, the Lipinski and the Messiah are all what type of musical instrument?
10. Europe's southernmost glaciers are in which country?
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
Islamic history is full of free thinkers - but recent attempts to suppress critical thought are verging on the absurd
Leaked documents show Ukip leaders approve NHS privatisation once it becomes more 'acceptable to the electorate'
- 1 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 2 Dog thinks owner is drowning in lake, dives in and tries to pull him out
- 4 Chilling drone footage captures Auschwitz ahead of 70th anniversary of liberation