The Saturday Quiz
1. "O, to be in England/ Now that April's there" are the opening lines of which poem?
2. Immortalised in song by R Dean Taylor, and sharing borders with Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, and Illinois, which US state is nicknamed the 'Crossroads of America'?
3. Which comic writer (1935-2005) created the character Henry Root?
4. The lake in "The Lady of the Lake" was supposedly located on which English moor?
5. First published under the title The Annex: Diary Notes from 14 June 1942 – 1 August 1944, this book is better known as what?
6. Who was the first vice-president of the United States?
7. Which politician's novels include Career Girls (1995), Tall Poppies (1997), and Destiny (2011)?
8. In 1993 what dubious distinction was shared by Nottingham Forest, Crystal Palace and Middlesbrough?
9. Which Celtic tribe, occupying much of present-day Switzerland, fought wars against the Romans?
10. In 1963, at a ball in Baltimore, William Zantzinger (right) caused whose death?
Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
The open loathing between Barack Obama and Benjamin Netanyahu just got worse
President Putin is a dangerous psychopath - reason is not going to work with him
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
- 1 Three-year-old boy shoots pregnant mother and father in New Mexico
- 2 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 3 Jewish community urged to boycott Cornwall village after residents vote for 'Hitlers Walk' sign to be reinstated
- 4 Gorillaz Phase 4: Cartoon supergroup is back as new artwork is unveiled
- 5 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'