The Saturday Quiz
1. "O, to be in England/ Now that April's there" are the opening lines of which poem?
2. Immortalised in song by R Dean Taylor, and sharing borders with Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, and Illinois, which US state is nicknamed the 'Crossroads of America'?
3. Which comic writer (1935-2005) created the character Henry Root?
4. The lake in "The Lady of the Lake" was supposedly located on which English moor?
5. First published under the title The Annex: Diary Notes from 14 June 1942 – 1 August 1944, this book is better known as what?
6. Who was the first vice-president of the United States?
7. Which politician's novels include Career Girls (1995), Tall Poppies (1997), and Destiny (2011)?
8. In 1993 what dubious distinction was shared by Nottingham Forest, Crystal Palace and Middlesbrough?
9. Which Celtic tribe, occupying much of present-day Switzerland, fought wars against the Romans?
10. In 1963, at a ball in Baltimore, William Zantzinger (right) caused whose death?
sportLiverpool 5 Norwich City 1: Uruguayan striker has now scored 11 league goals against the club
arts + entsOlivier-nominated actor and singer is set to star in Lloyd Webber's musical about the Profumo affair
filmWith more than 70 per cent of early films lost, archivists are scouring the world to preserve the precious examples that remain
sportThe coach of Chalfont St Peter's under-10s football team was relieved of his duties after he sent an email to parents that said: 'I am only interested in winning'
techA piece of new hi-tech kit aims to get us scribbling again
indybestMake getting out of the wrong side of bed on cold winter mornings a thing of the past with our selection of night-time covers
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
- 1 The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 UK chef creates world's most expensive ready meal - a fish pie costing £314
- 4 Food poverty in UK has reached level of 'public health emergency', warn experts
- 5 I’m sure Kate Moss doesn't care about posing for Playboy. But I do