The Saturday Quiz
1. "O, to be in England/ Now that April's there" are the opening lines of which poem?
2. Immortalised in song by R Dean Taylor, and sharing borders with Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, and Illinois, which US state is nicknamed the 'Crossroads of America'?
3. Which comic writer (1935-2005) created the character Henry Root?
4. The lake in "The Lady of the Lake" was supposedly located on which English moor?
5. First published under the title The Annex: Diary Notes from 14 June 1942 – 1 August 1944, this book is better known as what?
6. Who was the first vice-president of the United States?
7. Which politician's novels include Career Girls (1995), Tall Poppies (1997), and Destiny (2011)?
8. In 1993 what dubious distinction was shared by Nottingham Forest, Crystal Palace and Middlesbrough?
9. Which Celtic tribe, occupying much of present-day Switzerland, fought wars against the Romans?
10. In 1963, at a ball in Baltimore, William Zantzinger (right) caused whose death?
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
- 2 This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
- 3 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet