The Saturday Quiz
1. St Asaph, Chelmsford and Perth. What's the connection?
2. Which computer-related word was coined by William Gibson in his 1982 story Burning Chrome?
3. In 1968, five Surbiton secretaries worked an unpaid extra half-hour and urged others to do the same. What was the campaign that followed called?
4. Which character created by Edgar Rice Burroughs was raised by the Mangani?
5. Walrus in Liverpool, Octopus in Hong Kong. What in London?
6. Trajan, Gotham, Walbaum and Courier are all types of what?
7. In September 1844 at New York's Bloomingdale Park, the US were beaten by the British Empire's Canadian Province in the first international match in which sport?
8. The PACs are the unofficial fundraisers for US political parties. What does PAC stand for?
9. Which celebrity chef said last year: "Frankly I'm built like a shot-putter"?
10. Dorothy Parker famously described an actress as running the gamut of emotions from A to B. The actress won four Oscars, the first in 1934, the last in 1982. Who?
Liam Neeson's Downton dreams
Thriller is set in the secret world of British espionage
Bomber jacket worn by Mary Berry sells out within an hour
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
- 1 Scottish independence: Learn from Quebec's mistakes and beware of promises. Vote Yes.
- 2 iOS 8 is full of shiny new features - but it's terrible news for app developers
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
- 5 Cocaine and cannabis haul hidden in Vatican car seized by French police