The Saturday Quiz
1. St Asaph, Chelmsford and Perth. What's the connection?
2. Which computer-related word was coined by William Gibson in his 1982 story Burning Chrome?
3. In 1968, five Surbiton secretaries worked an unpaid extra half-hour and urged others to do the same. What was the campaign that followed called?
4. Which character created by Edgar Rice Burroughs was raised by the Mangani?
5. Walrus in Liverpool, Octopus in Hong Kong. What in London?
6. Trajan, Gotham, Walbaum and Courier are all types of what?
7. In September 1844 at New York's Bloomingdale Park, the US were beaten by the British Empire's Canadian Province in the first international match in which sport?
8. The PACs are the unofficial fundraisers for US political parties. What does PAC stand for?
9. Which celebrity chef said last year: "Frankly I'm built like a shot-putter"?
10. Dorothy Parker famously described an actress as running the gamut of emotions from A to B. The actress won four Oscars, the first in 1934, the last in 1982. Who?
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Ukip MEP calls for reintroduction of death penalty on fiftieth anniversary of last deaths
Russell Brand calls for Israel boycott: Comedian urges big businesses that 'facilitate the oppression of people in Gaza' to pull funding
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
World peace? These are the only 11 countries in the world that are actually free from conflict
- 1 Three of Pope Francis' relatives die in Argentina car crash, including two young great-nephews
- 2 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 3 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad with Jager and potatoes for vodka as campsite opens tomorrow
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations