The Saturday Quiz
1. Dee Dee, Johnny, Joey, Tommy, Marky, Richie, Elvis, CJ. Members of a 1970s band who all adopted the same surname. Which was?
2. Penguin News is a weekly newspaper serving which island group?
3. Where is the Mariana Trench?
4. Multum in parvo ('much in little') is the motto of which English county?
5. Katniss Everdeen is the narrator of which 2008 bestselling novel, now a movie?
6. After China and India, which African country is the next biggest producer of tea?
7. What did Saigon change its name to in 1976?
8. This British actress (born 1975) was married to Jim Threapleton from 1998 to 2001. Who was she married to from 2003 to 2011?
9. In 1649, which political movement began on St George's Hill, Weybridge, Surrey?
10. Madge Allsop was the constant companion of which (recently retired) comic creation?
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
- 2 Loom bands: Bids for dress made from colourful rubber reach almost £154,000 on eBay
- 3 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 4 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 5 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs