The Saturday Quiz
From the blogs
The main course on most beer matching menus tends to be meat. Not just any meat, pork. And I’m not t...
Norman Tebbit is not the first Tory peer to raise the hypothetical possibility of an heir to the thr...
"Being in Chagos is an incredibly special experience," says Rachel Jones, deputy team leader of the ...
Even though there was a complete absence of our favourite odd couple Brienne and Jaime, we got anoth...
1. England rugby union coach; played with The Beatles on "Get Back"; naval hero; comedian born Eric Bartholomew. What's the connection?
2. What work of reference was founded by Colin Macfarquhar and Andrew Bell in 1768, and produced in 15 editions that spanned the next 242 years?
3. Now a life peer – Baroness [...] of Crosby – in 1950 she became the first woman chair of the Oxford University Labour Club. Who is she?
4. H&M started life in 1947 in which European country?
5. Which central London district is named after a Roman citizen who, in about 304AD, at the age of 14, was beheaded for his Christian faith?
6. How did members of the Algonquin Round Table refer to themselves?
7. Shining Path is a Maoist rebel group operating in which South American country?
8. Who, in a poem in 1894, coined the phrase "the love that dare not speak its name"?
9. How many different varieties of Quality Street chocolates are there?
10. Old Trafford, August 1990; Mirpur, March 2012. What?
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Tottenham to smash pay scale with £150,000-a-week contract in attempt to tie Gareth Bale to club
- 3 Austerity has hardened the nation's heart
- 4 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 5 Why Arsène Wenger must spend to put icing on the cake and buy likes of Stevan Jovetic for Arsenal
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.