The Saturday Quiz
From the blogs
There are more empty shops on our high streets than ever before, says another report into the state ...
The guard has changed at Old Trafford for the first time in 26 years. Meanwhile, down the road, the ...
There is a good many moments in the second episode of this psychological thriller that deserve refle...
The opening titles squeal ‘Never Can Say Goodbye…’. Oh Lord how I wish I could heave this series off...
1. The fate of the fishing vessel Andrea Gail in the North Atlantic in 1991 was turned into which best-selling book, later a film?
2. Berggasse 19, Vienna and 20 Maresfield Gardens, London NW3. What's the connection?
3. In 1993, Alan Sked founded which political party?
4. What household appliance was invented in 1929 by the Swedish Nobel Prize-winning physicist Gustaf Dalen (right)?
5. Which racecourse hosted the British Grand Prix in the late 1950s and early 1960s?
6. Who was the Roman goddess of flowers?
7. In Van Eyck's painting known, among other titles, as The Arnolfini Wedding, what colour dress is the 'bride' wearing?
8. Skyfall, due out later this year, is what?
9. John Carlos, Tommie Smith, and Peter Norman. Together on what occasion in 1968?
10. Rose, dog, box, red, cotton. All prefixes to what?
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 4 Eyewitness Ingrid Loyau-Kennett gives extraordinary account of her confrontation with Woolwich attackers
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL might have a sinister plan as a soldier is murdered in suspected Islamic terrorist attack
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.