The Saturday Quiz
1. The fate of the fishing vessel Andrea Gail in the North Atlantic in 1991 was turned into which best-selling book, later a film?
2. Berggasse 19, Vienna and 20 Maresfield Gardens, London NW3. What's the connection?
3. In 1993, Alan Sked founded which political party?
4. What household appliance was invented in 1929 by the Swedish Nobel Prize-winning physicist Gustaf Dalen (right)?
5. Which racecourse hosted the British Grand Prix in the late 1950s and early 1960s?
6. Who was the Roman goddess of flowers?
7. In Van Eyck's painting known, among other titles, as The Arnolfini Wedding, what colour dress is the 'bride' wearing?
8. Skyfall, due out later this year, is what?
9. John Carlos, Tommie Smith, and Peter Norman. Together on what occasion in 1968?
10. Rose, dog, box, red, cotton. All prefixes to what?
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
Boris Nemtsov shot dead: Outspoken Putin critic who had expressed fears for his life is killed near the Kremlin
- 1 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 The 'sex selfie stick' lets you FaceTime the inside of a vagina