The Saturday Quiz
From the blogs
The episode begins with Finn (Cory Monteith) at college, partying and accidentally participating in ...
Dr Ron Schultz, professor and chair of pathological sciences at The University of Wisconsin, joined ...
What a wonderful way to end this momentous series in the 50th year of Doctor Who. From the start of ...
The UK Independence Party is on 19 per cent, the highest share recorded by any pollster, in a ComRes...
1. The fate of the fishing vessel Andrea Gail in the North Atlantic in 1991 was turned into which best-selling book, later a film?
2. Berggasse 19, Vienna and 20 Maresfield Gardens, London NW3. What's the connection?
3. In 1993, Alan Sked founded which political party?
4. What household appliance was invented in 1929 by the Swedish Nobel Prize-winning physicist Gustaf Dalen (right)?
5. Which racecourse hosted the British Grand Prix in the late 1950s and early 1960s?
6. Who was the Roman goddess of flowers?
7. In Van Eyck's painting known, among other titles, as The Arnolfini Wedding, what colour dress is the 'bride' wearing?
8. Skyfall, due out later this year, is what?
9. John Carlos, Tommie Smith, and Peter Norman. Together on what occasion in 1968?
10. Rose, dog, box, red, cotton. All prefixes to what?
- 1 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 'Swivel-gate': David Cameron goes to war with the press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.