The Saturday Quiz
1. Which resort became known as the Manhattan of Spain?
2. Travis Bickle is the eponymous hero of which landmark 1970s American movie?
3. Which author (1704-1757) founded the Bow Street Runners?
4. From 1959 to 1963, what was Project Mercury?
5. Bibliophile Richard Booth is the self-proclaimed king of where?
6. What type of wood is the panel on which the Mona Lisa is painted?
7. The so-called Pax Britannica covered the period between which two wars?
8. Fifty Shades of Grey; Ragtime; Peter Cook. The connection?
9. Which musician has been on a "Never Ending Tour" since the 1980s?
10. With an average ground level of 1.5 metres (4 ft 11 in) above sea level, which is the planet's lowest country?
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker