The Saturday Quiz
1. Which resort became known as the Manhattan of Spain?
2. Travis Bickle is the eponymous hero of which landmark 1970s American movie?
3. Which author (1704-1757) founded the Bow Street Runners?
4. From 1959 to 1963, what was Project Mercury?
5. Bibliophile Richard Booth is the self-proclaimed king of where?
6. What type of wood is the panel on which the Mona Lisa is painted?
7. The so-called Pax Britannica covered the period between which two wars?
8. Fifty Shades of Grey; Ragtime; Peter Cook. The connection?
9. Which musician has been on a "Never Ending Tour" since the 1980s?
10. With an average ground level of 1.5 metres (4 ft 11 in) above sea level, which is the planet's lowest country?
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 Christians: The world's most persecuted people
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 5 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star dies at age 45
- < Previous
- Next >