The Saturday Quiz
1. Which resort became known as the Manhattan of Spain?
2. Travis Bickle is the eponymous hero of which landmark 1970s American movie?
3. Which author (1704-1757) founded the Bow Street Runners?
4. From 1959 to 1963, what was Project Mercury?
5. Bibliophile Richard Booth is the self-proclaimed king of where?
6. What type of wood is the panel on which the Mona Lisa is painted?
7. The so-called Pax Britannica covered the period between which two wars?
8. Fifty Shades of Grey; Ragtime; Peter Cook. The connection?
9. Which musician has been on a "Never Ending Tour" since the 1980s?
10. With an average ground level of 1.5 metres (4 ft 11 in) above sea level, which is the planet's lowest country?
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
- 1 Ireland gay marriage vote: 'No' campaign appears to concede amid reports of 'yes' landslide victory
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
- 4 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
- 5 Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace