The Saturday Quiz
1. Fenway Sports Group owns which football club?
2. This food has a brand name that was chosen in a competition in 1890 and is a contraction of the Latin for 'the strength of man'. What is it?
3. Occupy Abay, named after the statue of a local saint, is an Occupy movement in which capital city?
4. Facebook started life at which university?
5. A dog called Lump lived with Picasso for six years and featured in a number of his paintings. What breed was he?
6. Which classic 1990 movie is based on the life and times of mobster Henry Hill?
7. Which annual work of reference was first published by A&C Black in 1849?
8. Eleanor Worthington Cox, Cleo Demetriou, Kerry Ingram and Sophia Kiely all take turns to play who?
9. What movement took its name from a bar in New York that was the site of a police raid in 1969?
10. Muhammad Ali in 1996, Cathy Freeman in 2000, Nikolaos Kaklamanakis in 2004 and Li Ning in 2008. What?
Geoffrey Macnab reviews American Hustle, also starring Christian Bale and Bradley Cooper
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
Michelle Nijhuis' daughter insists (s)he is, and she learnt a valuable lesson on gender in books
news Opponents claim it would stop performers such as Beyonce and Madonna appearing on TV
newsFormer soldier taped 33 of the animals to the floor and then stamped on them one by one
It takes a platoon of chefs, litres of brandy and rum, and almost 100kg of dried fruit
newsThat most ancient of crimes is on the rise, threatening farmers' livelihoods, community trust – and human health
food + drink
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 4 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile