The Saturday Quiz
1. What was the Bee Gees' original name?
2. Liverpool vs Arsenal on 22 August 1964 marked what first?
3. Richard Ford, Simon & Garfunkel, Terry Gilliam. What's the connection?
4. Which leading British dramatist has written 75 plays?
5. How are TV personalities Dave Myers and Si King better known?
6. ...And How To Get It. According to the title of this 1965 film comedy, how to get what?
7. Which Royal Navy officer's wartime ruses included forging Reichsmarks to disrupt the German economy?
8. Who recently released a seven-minute promotional video titled 'Forward'?
9. In which 19th-century novel does a character kill himself and his half-sister "because we are too menny"?
10. Which is the largest county in the Republic of Ireland?
In defence of liberal democracy
General Election 2015: Post-election 'shambles' looms as 70 per cent of voters say SNP 'should not be able to veto UK government policies'
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
General election live: SNP suspends two members for disrupting Labour rally
General Election 2015: Sturgeon claims Scots 'appalled' by Ed Miliband's refusal to work with SNP
- 4 #JeSuisEd: People share photos of themselves eating awkwardly in solidarity with Labour leader
- 5 Women think Irish men are the sexiest, survey finds