The Saturday Quiz
1. The first modern Olympic Games, in Athens in 1896, featured nine sports. What were they?
2. What time is it on Big Ben in the symbol for the 1948 Olympic Games?
3. Which triple Olympic gold-medal winner died of epilepsy in 1998 at the age of 38?
4. At which Games was Steve Redgrave when he said, "If anyone finds me close to a rowing boat ever again they have my permission to shoot me"?
5. Who threw his Olympic gold medal into the Ohio river?
6. Which winner of five Olympic gold medals in the 1920s has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame?
7. Henri Didon, a French Dominican preacher who lived from 1840-1900, made what contribution to the Olympic movement?
8. Eight gold medals – the first in 1928, the most recent in 1980. Which country and which team sport?
9. Which 1968 gold medal-winner was told by a rival, "You have destroyed this event"?
10. The first Paralympic Games took place in which decade?
General Election 2015: Chuka Umunna on the benefits of immigration, humility – and his leader Ed Miliband
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
General Election 2015: Britain would become a 'communist dictatorship' under Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon, claims wife of Michael Gove
- 1 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 2 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 3 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 4 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 5 Ian Brady: Moors murderer announces his support for Ukip and the SNP