The Saturday Quiz
1. Which London hotel has a Claude Monet Suite?
2. Which sub-genre of movies was first identified by the Italian journalist Alfonso Sancha?
3. Ben Drew; Jessica Cornish; Malcolm Little. The connection?
4. Which awards are named after Antoinette Perry?
5. Which celebrated 20th-century drama is set in a seaside home in Connecticut in 1912 and follows events over the course of a day, from about 8.30am until around midnight?
6. In 2011 who was the subject of an 'unauthorised autobiography'?
7. Which world leader has a doctorate for a thesis on quantum chemistry?
8. The City Lights Bookstore, founded by Lawrence Ferlinghetti in 1953, is in which city?
9. Which British composer was exempted from military service in 1939-45 on the understanding that he would compose music for wartime propaganda films?
10. Born in 1933, her Twitter profile reads: 'Actress, writer, producer, wife, mother, grandmother. Much travelled. Exhausted'. Her locations: 'London, LA, NYC, St Tropez'. Who?
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
Dennis Rodman will coach the North Korea basketball team - and is preparing a special birthday treat for 'friend for life' Kim Jong-un
The magicians using online collaboration to push boundaries
Jennifer Lawrence attacks mass media again over body image
scienceScientists find the answer to a question that even puzzled Darwin
A very timely Great Train Robbery and a frantic 24 Hours in A&E among the highlights
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 4 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile