The Saturday Quiz
1. Which duo ran a shop called SEX in London's King's Road?
2. Four of this celebrated US band's founder members were related. The fifth was Al Jardine (born 1942). Which band?
3. In what type of football can shots only be taken once the ball is over the 'shooting line'?
4. Which ancient journey began in Iolcos in Greece and ended in what is now western Georgia?
5. The 'Festival Star' – designed by Abram Games (1914-1996) – was the logo for what?
6. Which is bigger – the Isle of Man or the Isle of Wight?
7. He has an Academy Award named in his honour; in the 12 years before his death in 1936 he produced 400 films. Who was he?
8. Which chat-show host (born 1963) had a drag act at the Edinburgh Festival in 1992 in which he played Mother Teresa?
9. Since 1830, one Baudouin, two Alberts, and three of what name?
10. What kind of music is Cecil Sharp (1859-1924) associated with?
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
- 1 What if 35 Palestinians had died, and 800 Israelis?
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- < Previous
- Next >