The Saturday Quiz
1. Which duo ran a shop called SEX in London's King's Road?
2. Four of this celebrated US band's founder members were related. The fifth was Al Jardine (born 1942). Which band?
3. In what type of football can shots only be taken once the ball is over the 'shooting line'?
4. Which ancient journey began in Iolcos in Greece and ended in what is now western Georgia?
5. The 'Festival Star' – designed by Abram Games (1914-1996) – was the logo for what?
6. Which is bigger – the Isle of Man or the Isle of Wight?
7. He has an Academy Award named in his honour; in the 12 years before his death in 1936 he produced 400 films. Who was he?
8. Which chat-show host (born 1963) had a drag act at the Edinburgh Festival in 1992 in which he played Mother Teresa?
9. Since 1830, one Baudouin, two Alberts, and three of what name?
10. What kind of music is Cecil Sharp (1859-1924) associated with?
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
- 1 Michelle Rodriguez: Fast & Furious actor apologises after telling 'minorities' to stop taking on 'white' roles
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face the death penalty
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory