The Saturday Quiz
1. Which duo ran a shop called SEX in London's King's Road?
2. Four of this celebrated US band's founder members were related. The fifth was Al Jardine (born 1942). Which band?
3. In what type of football can shots only be taken once the ball is over the 'shooting line'?
4. Which ancient journey began in Iolcos in Greece and ended in what is now western Georgia?
5. The 'Festival Star' – designed by Abram Games (1914-1996) – was the logo for what?
6. Which is bigger – the Isle of Man or the Isle of Wight?
7. He has an Academy Award named in his honour; in the 12 years before his death in 1936 he produced 400 films. Who was he?
8. Which chat-show host (born 1963) had a drag act at the Edinburgh Festival in 1992 in which he played Mother Teresa?
9. Since 1830, one Baudouin, two Alberts, and three of what name?
10. What kind of music is Cecil Sharp (1859-1924) associated with?
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 3 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- 4 Lady al-Qa’ida: On the trail of Dr Aafia Siddiqui, the world’s most wanted prisoner
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- < Previous
- Next >