The Saturday Quiz
1. Tolley's is the so-called bible of what?
2. Gloria Swanson (1950; Michael Douglas (1987); Naomi Watts (2001); Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet (2008). What's the connection?
3. Which item of clothing is named after the French acrobat (1842-1870) and pioneer of the trapeze who popularised it?
4. The Idyll of Miss Sarah Brown was a short story that was in part the basis of which celebrated 1950 musical?
5. The HQ of the European Central Bank is where?
6. What does BMX stand for in BMX cycling?
7. Who is the vicar of the fictional St Saviour in the Marshes?
8. Eastern, Pacific, Sydney Rock and Southern Mud are all types of what?
9. Which band's final gig was at a hall of residence at the University of Birmingham on 2 May, 1980?
10. The Treaty of Frankfurt (1871) ended which war?
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
- 1 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 2 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 3 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 The jihadi girls who went to Syria weren't just radicalised by Isis — they were groomed