The Saturday Quiz
1. Tolley's is the so-called bible of what?
2. Gloria Swanson (1950; Michael Douglas (1987); Naomi Watts (2001); Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet (2008). What's the connection?
3. Which item of clothing is named after the French acrobat (1842-1870) and pioneer of the trapeze who popularised it?
4. The Idyll of Miss Sarah Brown was a short story that was in part the basis of which celebrated 1950 musical?
5. The HQ of the European Central Bank is where?
6. What does BMX stand for in BMX cycling?
7. Who is the vicar of the fictional St Saviour in the Marshes?
8. Eastern, Pacific, Sydney Rock and Southern Mud are all types of what?
9. Which band's final gig was at a hall of residence at the University of Birmingham on 2 May, 1980?
10. The Treaty of Frankfurt (1871) ended which war?
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
food + drinkMichelin-starred Tom Sellers on being this year's hottest property
tvParents (and kids) rejoice! A new wave of fantastic family entertainment is here
food + drinkHow one grocery e-tailer is gearing up for the Yuletide rush
food + drink
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant