The Saturday Quiz
1. Tolley's is the so-called bible of what?
2. Gloria Swanson (1950; Michael Douglas (1987); Naomi Watts (2001); Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet (2008). What's the connection?
3. Which item of clothing is named after the French acrobat (1842-1870) and pioneer of the trapeze who popularised it?
4. The Idyll of Miss Sarah Brown was a short story that was in part the basis of which celebrated 1950 musical?
5. The HQ of the European Central Bank is where?
6. What does BMX stand for in BMX cycling?
7. Who is the vicar of the fictional St Saviour in the Marshes?
8. Eastern, Pacific, Sydney Rock and Southern Mud are all types of what?
9. Which band's final gig was at a hall of residence at the University of Birmingham on 2 May, 1980?
10. The Treaty of Frankfurt (1871) ended which war?
British Muslim leaders outraged after Eric Pickles says followers of Islam should 'prove their identity'
UK terror fears: My jihadist son returned from Syria mentally scarred – now he is being ignored
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
Billy Crystal: 'Stop shoving gay sex scenes in my face'
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Tennis fan suing Australian Open organisers for 'failing to shade spectators' during Murray match
- 5 Syrian refugee child beaten by Istanbul Burger King manager for eating customer’s leftover food