The Saturday Quiz
1. In around 100 AD how did Juvenal characterise Roman politicians' inducements to voters?
2. The name of which hotel chain was inspired by a 1942 film starring Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire?
3. Who recently announced her engagement to Justin Theroux?
4. Sharleen Spiteri; 1948 winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Drama; 1977 Wimbledon champion; 1991 film starring River Phoenix and Keanu Reeves. The connection?
5. Hartland Point marks where the Atlantic ends and what begins?
6. Which politician's nickname was coined by Captain Yuri Gavrilov in the Red Star in 1976?
7. Who appeared before Westminster magistrates in December 2010 and gave his address as a post office box?
8. David Wagstaffe and George Best, 2 October 1976. The first what?
9. The entrance to which London institution carries the inscription, 'Defend the Children of the Poor & Punish the Wrongdoer'?
10. Nadezhda Tolokonnikova, Maria Alyokhina and Yekaterina Samutsevich are better known as what?
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Licence fee: What is the BBC charge – and how will the changes affect you?
- 3 This is what the photographer has to say about the picture of a weasel riding a woodpecker
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for