The Saturday Quiz
1. In around 100 AD how did Juvenal characterise Roman politicians' inducements to voters?
2. The name of which hotel chain was inspired by a 1942 film starring Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire?
3. Who recently announced her engagement to Justin Theroux?
4. Sharleen Spiteri; 1948 winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Drama; 1977 Wimbledon champion; 1991 film starring River Phoenix and Keanu Reeves. The connection?
5. Hartland Point marks where the Atlantic ends and what begins?
6. Which politician's nickname was coined by Captain Yuri Gavrilov in the Red Star in 1976?
7. Who appeared before Westminster magistrates in December 2010 and gave his address as a post office box?
8. David Wagstaffe and George Best, 2 October 1976. The first what?
9. The entrance to which London institution carries the inscription, 'Defend the Children of the Poor & Punish the Wrongdoer'?
10. Nadezhda Tolokonnikova, Maria Alyokhina and Yekaterina Samutsevich are better known as what?
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains
John Barrowman praised for Commonwealth Games opening ceremony gay kiss
- 1 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 2 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 3 Satellite full of sexually experimental geckos adrift in space, Russia loses control of mission
- 4 Exclusive: Cameron’s ‘Big Society’ in tatters as charity watchdog launches investigation into claims of Government funding misuse
- 5 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media