The Saturday Quiz
1. In around 100 AD how did Juvenal characterise Roman politicians' inducements to voters?
2. The name of which hotel chain was inspired by a 1942 film starring Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire?
3. Who recently announced her engagement to Justin Theroux?
4. Sharleen Spiteri; 1948 winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Drama; 1977 Wimbledon champion; 1991 film starring River Phoenix and Keanu Reeves. The connection?
5. Hartland Point marks where the Atlantic ends and what begins?
6. Which politician's nickname was coined by Captain Yuri Gavrilov in the Red Star in 1976?
7. Who appeared before Westminster magistrates in December 2010 and gave his address as a post office box?
8. David Wagstaffe and George Best, 2 October 1976. The first what?
9. The entrance to which London institution carries the inscription, 'Defend the Children of the Poor & Punish the Wrongdoer'?
10. Nadezhda Tolokonnikova, Maria Alyokhina and Yekaterina Samutsevich are better known as what?
Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
Hard line on immigration could cost Tories the election
- 1 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Rashida Jones speaks out against male-centric porn saying 'women should have sex and feel good about it'