The Saturday Quiz
1. Joseph Smith (1805-1844) produced a text that was key to the foundation of which religion?
2. Which writer (1892-1962) described the garden she created as "rooms open to the sky"?
3. Which male bastion was recently breached by the financier Darla Moore?
4. Where would you find Nemesis Sub-Terra, Oblivion, Rita, and Thirteen?
5. Sculptor Barry Flanagan is best known for his bronze depictions of which animal?
6. Which of Team GB's gold-medal winners described her sport as "going nowhere fast"?
7. Neither an actor nor director, he is second only to Walt Disney with 47 Oscar nominations. Who?
8. Which two major British poets died within a week of each other, in December 1985?
9. Which is longer, the Panama Canal or the Suez Canal?
10. The words 'Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense' appear on the front of every what?
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis