The Saturday Quiz
1. Joseph Smith (1805-1844) produced a text that was key to the foundation of which religion?
2. Which writer (1892-1962) described the garden she created as "rooms open to the sky"?
3. Which male bastion was recently breached by the financier Darla Moore?
4. Where would you find Nemesis Sub-Terra, Oblivion, Rita, and Thirteen?
5. Sculptor Barry Flanagan is best known for his bronze depictions of which animal?
6. Which of Team GB's gold-medal winners described her sport as "going nowhere fast"?
7. Neither an actor nor director, he is second only to Walt Disney with 47 Oscar nominations. Who?
8. Which two major British poets died within a week of each other, in December 1985?
9. Which is longer, the Panama Canal or the Suez Canal?
10. The words 'Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense' appear on the front of every what?
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Ukip MEP calls for reintroduction of death penalty on fiftieth anniversary of last deaths
Russell Brand calls for Israel boycott: Comedian urges big businesses that 'facilitate the oppression of people in Gaza' to pull funding
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
- 1 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 2 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 3 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad and potatoes for Jagermesiter and vodka
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations