The Saturday Quiz
From the blogs
There are more empty shops on our high streets than ever before, says another report into the state ...
The guard has changed at Old Trafford for the first time in 26 years. Meanwhile, down the road, the ...
There is a good many moments in the second episode of this psychological thriller that deserve refle...
The opening titles squeal ‘Never Can Say Goodbye…’. Oh Lord how I wish I could heave this series off...
1. A&R (in the context of the music industry) stands for what?
2. Outside Britain, Ireland and the Channel Islands, which are the only two European countries where traffic drives on the left?
3. The first is Helvellyn. The 214th and last is Fellbarrow. What?
4. In The Importance of Being Earnest, what was prepared for Lady Bracknell but eaten beforehand by Algernon?
5. Which world leader is said to have £400,000-worth of watches?
6. His real name is Graham McPherson; he performed at both the Diamond Jubilee concert and the Olympics closing ceremony. How is he better known?
7. 'Livestrong' was a slogan coined as part of which sportsman's charity fundraising programme?
8. Which Army regiment may only use their weapons in self-defence?
9. 'The opinion, and the other opinion'. Which TV station's slogan?
10. In 1970, who published a satirical account of a Leonard Bernstein party to raise money for the Black Panther Party?
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 4 Eyewitness gives extraordinary account of her confrontation with Woolwich attackers
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.