The Saturday Quiz
1. A&R (in the context of the music industry) stands for what?
2. Outside Britain, Ireland and the Channel Islands, which are the only two European countries where traffic drives on the left?
3. The first is Helvellyn. The 214th and last is Fellbarrow. What?
4. In The Importance of Being Earnest, what was prepared for Lady Bracknell but eaten beforehand by Algernon?
5. Which world leader is said to have £400,000-worth of watches?
6. His real name is Graham McPherson; he performed at both the Diamond Jubilee concert and the Olympics closing ceremony. How is he better known?
7. 'Livestrong' was a slogan coined as part of which sportsman's charity fundraising programme?
8. Which Army regiment may only use their weapons in self-defence?
9. 'The opinion, and the other opinion'. Which TV station's slogan?
10. In 1970, who published a satirical account of a Leonard Bernstein party to raise money for the Black Panther Party?
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts
Greece debt crisis: Angela Merkel and Francois Hollande issue Athens with 24-hour ultimatum to avoid crashing out of the euro
Greece crisis: Referendum exposes a gaping hole at the heart of the European Union – its lack of genuine legitimacy
- 1 Florida man sentenced to two-and-a-half years for having sex on the beach in front of a child
- 2 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 3 Nick Kyrgios calls former Olympian Dawn Fraser a 'blatant racist' after she tells Wimbledon star to 'go back where their parents came from'
- 4 World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
- 5 Chris Moyles reportedly set to make radio comeback with new breakfast show on XFM