The Saturday Quiz
1. 1841-1992 and 1996-2002. Which celebrated publication?
2. After Cuba, which is the second-largest country in the Caribbean?
3. Which rock singer (1943-1971) referred to himself anagrammatically as Mr Mojo Risin'?
4. In 1877, James Lillywhite became the first man to captain which sports team?
5. Harry Angstrom is the title character of which quartet of US novels published 1960-1990?
6. Which form of music is named after the Pope who served from 590 until his death in 604?
7. Jacques Demy; Will Self; Rihanna. The connection?
8. Which member of the current Cabinet is the author of The Storm: The World Economic Crisis and What it Means?
9. Which science-fiction horror film introduced audiences to a spaceship called Nostromo?
10. Which global corporation was co-founded in 1975 by Paul Allen?
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Fearne Cotton quits Radio 1 after ten years for 'family and new adventures'