The Saturday Quiz
1. 1841-1992 and 1996-2002. Which celebrated publication?
2. After Cuba, which is the second-largest country in the Caribbean?
3. Which rock singer (1943-1971) referred to himself anagrammatically as Mr Mojo Risin'?
4. In 1877, James Lillywhite became the first man to captain which sports team?
5. Harry Angstrom is the title character of which quartet of US novels published 1960-1990?
6. Which form of music is named after the Pope who served from 590 until his death in 604?
7. Jacques Demy; Will Self; Rihanna. The connection?
8. Which member of the current Cabinet is the author of The Storm: The World Economic Crisis and What it Means?
9. Which science-fiction horror film introduced audiences to a spaceship called Nostromo?
10. Which global corporation was co-founded in 1975 by Paul Allen?
British Muslim leaders outraged after Eric Pickles says followers of Islam should 'prove their identity'
UK terror fears: My jihadist son returned from Syria mentally scarred – now he is being ignored
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
Billy Crystal: 'Stop shoving gay sex scenes in my face'
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Tennis fan suing Australian Open organisers for 'failing to shade spectators' during Murray match
- 5 Men behaving badly: Urinating while standing, 'manspreading' and the gendering of selfishness