The Saturday Quiz
From the blogs
There are more empty shops on our high streets than ever before, says another report into the state ...
The guard has changed at Old Trafford for the first time in 26 years. Meanwhile, down the road, the ...
There is a good many moments in the second episode of this psychological thriller that deserve refle...
The opening titles squeal ‘Never Can Say Goodbye…’. Oh Lord how I wish I could heave this series off...
1. 1841-1992 and 1996-2002. Which celebrated publication?
2. After Cuba, which is the second-largest country in the Caribbean?
3. Which rock singer (1943-1971) referred to himself anagrammatically as Mr Mojo Risin'?
4. In 1877, James Lillywhite became the first man to captain which sports team?
5. Harry Angstrom is the title character of which quartet of US novels published 1960-1990?
6. Which form of music is named after the Pope who served from 590 until his death in 604?
7. Jacques Demy; Will Self; Rihanna. The connection?
8. Which member of the current Cabinet is the author of The Storm: The World Economic Crisis and What it Means?
9. Which science-fiction horror film introduced audiences to a spaceship called Nostromo?
10. Which global corporation was co-founded in 1975 by Paul Allen?
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 4 Eyewitness gives extraordinary account of her confrontation with Woolwich attackers
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL might have a sinister plan as a soldier is murdered in suspected Islamic terrorist attack
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.