The Saturday Quiz
1. 1841-1992 and 1996-2002. Which celebrated publication?
2. After Cuba, which is the second-largest country in the Caribbean?
3. Which rock singer (1943-1971) referred to himself anagrammatically as Mr Mojo Risin'?
4. In 1877, James Lillywhite became the first man to captain which sports team?
5. Harry Angstrom is the title character of which quartet of US novels published 1960-1990?
6. Which form of music is named after the Pope who served from 590 until his death in 604?
7. Jacques Demy; Will Self; Rihanna. The connection?
8. Which member of the current Cabinet is the author of The Storm: The World Economic Crisis and What it Means?
9. Which science-fiction horror film introduced audiences to a spaceship called Nostromo?
10. Which global corporation was co-founded in 1975 by Paul Allen?
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
- 1 Isis 'jihadi bride' claims forced sex with Yazidi girls is never rape because Koran condones it
- 2 Eurovision 2015 winner: Sweden beats Russia and Italy to take the title from Conchita Wurst
- 3 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 4 Mother 'will allow son's circumcision in return for release from prison'
- 5 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating